Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Sync 3.3 prompt volume

Joshkhill

Whenever I listen to the radio without bluetooth connected or car play plugged in the volume is normal but when I plug in or connect to bluetooth and try to turn it up or down it just says prompt volume and indicates it’s more or less but the sound stays the same

Prompt volume is the volume of the voice assistant, it won't affect the volume of the audio source. You have to wait for it to stop speaking to control audio volume, while it's talking the volume control takes over the prompt volume control.

• Like 1

There’s no voice , when I plug my phone in to play music I can’t adjust the volume and it doesn’t say audio volume it says prompt volume , no voice

Are you playing music over bluetooth? What happens if you use the volume controls on the phone?

If I play over bluetooth the buttons on the phone do t do anything, and the screen still says prompt volume if I adjust it

I started having the same issue this week. I’m on 3.4. Sometimes if I ask for Siri and say never mind it works but not always. If I disconnect my phone the radio volume works just fine. I’m confused why it started all of a sudden. I did not update my phone or sync. 

I've started having the same problem. It's intermittent but problematic as it takes away attention when driving. Phone volume buttons won't work when in "Prompt Volume" mode. I went through the Owners Manual but couldn't find any information. Activating Siri has worked for me though I don't consider it a solution. This issue started a few days ago for me. I'm in the US.

BTW, I almost never use Siri and have not used Siri in the moments or minutes prior to discovering I'm in Prompt Volume mode. I think this has occurred 3 times and each time I was plugged for Carplay.

Having the same issue.  Not able to adjust the audio volume when the phone is plugged in.  Keeps saying Prompt Volume only. No volume control on the phone, steering wheel or dash volume dial.  There is a problem here!  

I did some more research and it seems to be an update from waze that has caused the issue. If you delete the app and restart your phone it should correct until the app is updated. 

This is an issue with the Waze app, even when not using Waze it’s still tied into CarPlay. 

open the Waze app, close the Waze app, and my volume controls returned to normal. 

Right so this is due to the Waze app? This is constantly happening to me its driving me mad. I always use the Waze app too, shame to see it go haha...

Yep. Just tried it on my phone which doesn't have Waze, no problem. Then plugged in my friend's phone which is running Waze, came up with prompt volume straight away.

Looks like the app had an update on the 7th of May, so I'd guess it's that that's caused it.

Thanks all , must be a problem with the Waze app as opening and closing the app it works , this is my first Ford and love the community already

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club