ricgl83

Tapping when clutch is raised

Hi everyone, 

first time positng in here as I havent had my focus long. I have a Focus 2006 Sport CDTi 1.8 5 Speed and its my first car. I had it servced and MOT'd in April and have noticed a tapping at the front of the car when the clutch is raised after changing from first to neutral. I wondered if anyone had any advice on this please?

On 5/13/2020 at 1:33 PM, ricgl83 said:

Hi everyone, 

first time positng in here as I havent had my focus long. I have a Focus 2006 Sport CDTi 1.8 5 Speed and its my first car. I had it servced and MOT'd in April and have noticed a tapping at the front of the car when the clutch is raised after changing from first to neutral. I wondered if anyone had any advice on this please?

Does the tapping stop once the car is in gear?  If so, it's probably the DMF rattling, mines been rattling for the last 2.5 years and it's still going strong (famous last words!).

Hi 1979Damian, thanks for replying, apologies for the delay. Correct, as soon as I put it in first the rattling stops and there is no issue with driving the car. 

My old mark 2 chirps in that state but still goes but it's petrol and not diesel when it starts to slip that's when it's clutch time. 

Think I may start looking for a new car as the DMF is probably more expensive than the car haha