Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Any gamers

The Finance Guy

During lockdown I’ve been thinking about buying a console. My wife also wants to play The Witcher games after watching the Netflix series so I have an opportunity here to buy her a gift that also benefits me...

I was PlayStation all my younger life, although I’ve not played any console for a long time. My natural default is PlayStation, but I don’t know if there are any good driving games for PS4? I haven’t played a driving sim since Gran Turismo (the first one) and I’m guessing they will have come on a bit since then. I know Forza is well regarded but is that available for PS4 or is it just Xbox? I would prefer not to get xbox but it is a bit cheaper...

it will come down to which has the best driving games, so I await everyone’s recommendations

Gran Turismo is the Sony exclusive, whilst Forza is a Microsoft exclusive. 

I have both xb1 and ps4, but only play ps4 as the controller is waaay better plus all my mates are on ps4.

Project Cars and Need for Speed are both pretty good racing games, I guess it's just down to whether you want Forza or Gran Turimo tbh. 

I'm on PC but if I had to choose a console I'd get the Xbox. I prefer the Microsoft exclusives and specifically I think the Forza games are better. 

I could go and buy a PS4 at any time but I've never seen anything on it that makes me want to do so, in terms of games or as a general entertainment centre. 

The only Gran Turismo available on PS4 is Gran Turismo Sport. It's not as good as the others because it is more focused on online racing with other people and has a driver rating system. 
It has a small campaign mode but is nowhere near what the old ones used to be like where you bought a used car, did it up and were able to race in Sunday Cup etc. The campaign mode has HP and power limits now and there's no qualifying. Also, you have to progress through driver rankings to unlock tracks (the green hell only being unlocked at rank 24 and the last track to be unlocked). 
If you drive 26 miles per day, you do get given a free car for completing daily objective. 
The graphics are quite good on GT:S though but there's only a few real world tracks on it. 
Gran Turismo is now an eSport game rather than a game you played for a bit of enjoyment and a laugh.

Need for Speed went a bit downhill, especially with payback but was available on both consoles. There's also The Crew 2 which isn't too bad and has a large world (pretty much open world) and some good cars (also has a few aircraft, boats and hovercrafts). I haven't played Project Cars 2 or the new NFS though. 

Now onto Forza on XB1. Forza Motorsport 6 was a good game. FM7 looked good based on what I played when they released the demo. The good thing about FM is that you don't have to play online to get the most out of the game. Forza Horizon series are pretty good too, especially FH4 which is based on the UK. The graphics are great and they definitely did their homework with roadsigns etc. FH is more of a fun game and when not racing, you can go explore the map and there's other things to do like speed cameras, speed zones and jumps etc. 

I've always been a PS fan myself. I started with a PS1 and have had every one since (I have 1 PS4 and 2 PS4 Pros). The controller is great and feels good when playing. 
I do have an XB1 but that's purely for Forza when I'm in the mood to mess around (Horizon) or just race alone like GT used to be. The XB controller just feels a bit more plasticky for me and slightly more awkward to handle. 

Each console system has their own exclusive games and both require a subscription to play online with friends (£50 a year). 

• Like 1

I have PS4. Can't exactly remember what driving games I have. I have need for speed. Was thinking of getting gran turismo but looks like nick changed my mind. 

With ps4 they give 2 free games each month to download. They had uncharted 4, bioshock collection and a few other games temporarily free to download in the past months and you can see they aren't bad games. Actually saves you money plus keeps you more busy. 

If you want to add me my ID is the same as my username here but do let me know who you are as I get a lot of requests. 

Have started playing black ops 3 again after a while. Forgot how fun it is when you don't play against a try hard lobby 

I have Xbox One but don't like modern driving games, they're all too realistic.  I preferred the games from 2006 where you could just mash the X button and bounce off the walls...

The next gen consoles will come out later this year so there should be some good deals on the current ones now.  I can't imagine there will be any 'next gen exclusive' games this year at least.

The main problem I've had with the XB1 is the controller quality.  I've had the console 5.5 years now, but needed 2 new controllers in that time.  Seems to be a pretty common issue.  

Ok I’ve gone ahead and ordered a PS4, it’s arriving tomorrow. 

In the end it came down to me being more familiar with the controller, and also a bunch of my friends who don’t live nearby have PS and so I can play online with them to have a chat. 

Disappointed to hear that Gran Turismo isn’t so good any more. I will get it and see how I like it - a big campaign mode will take over my life so it might be good for a mess around online. 
My friend is also going to give me N4S so I can see how I like it, and I’ve just seen that there is an Isle of Man TT game so I will give that a shot too. 

• Like 1

Here's a list of what I could find under racing games on PS Store.

Moto GP 20, Moto GP 19, Moto GP 18, Moto GP 17, Moto GP 15, Moto GP 14
IoM TT: Ride on the edge 2, IoM TT: Ride on the edge
Tony Stewart's Sprint Car Racing
NFS: Heat
NFS: Payback
Need For Speed
Need For Speed: Rivals
Grid
GT Sport: Spec 2 (just an update to GT Sport)
Nascar Heat 4, Nascar Heat 3
WRC 8, WRC 7, WRC 6, WRC 5
Dirt Rally, Dirt Rally 2.0
F1 2019, F1 2018, F1 2017, F1 2016, F1 2015
FIA European Truck Racing
Dangerous Driving (pretty much Burnout)
The Grand Tour Game (single player or local multiplayer)
Ride 3
Super Street: The Game
V Rally 4
The Crew, The Crew 2
Assetto Corsa
Burnout Paradise Remastered
Project Cars, Project Cars 2
Dirt 4
Valentino Rossi: The Game
Ride 2
Sebastien Loeb Rally EVO

Btw, Gran Turismo isn't that bad to play but the driver rating system could be better as you get penalised and lose points when someone rams you (when I played it it was basically Forza with people ramming you off the track so they could win). You can still do solo races, time trials, licences and a few other things without coming into contact with others. 

• Like 2

no gamers near me, only chancers.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Milkman said:

no gamers near me, only chancers.

Don't Hate the Player, Hate the game 😂

• Haha 2

But is it not the players that make the game? Without the players there would be no game.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club