Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2010 Fiesta S1600 brake travel

kathryn gibbs

Hi all after a bit of advice if possible had my car since new and the brake pedal has always had a bit of travel but got worse in 2015 had dealership drain and replace fluid was ok for a bit then advised 2018 for mot then in 2019 had drained and replaced again but went back as it was within a few weeks went for mot yesterday they advised brake travel again , has anyone else had this ? Was told by dealership it was "that sort of pedal box " but local garage that I go to for mot says there is something wrong with it , can anyone else shed light on this cheers

It may be that your brake servo, pipes or master cylinder is loosing vacuum.

My zetec S has a long pedal. It's passed MOT all good, but still I think its a long pedal. To be honest, like many modern cars, its brakes are way too sharp. You only have to press the pedal and the car is on its front bumper. I guess modern drivers don't like to push the pedal hard?

It's the abs pump at fault. Known issue if you use a ford dealer. 

thank you will have a word with dealership 😀

7 minutes ago, kathryn gibbs said:

thank you will have a word with dealership 😀

yeah, get the dealer to do a symptom based diagnostic for brake pedal travel and computer will get them to do checks on travel before amd after master bleed. based on that will detemine if abs pump needs replacing. 

1 hour ago, iantt said:

yeah, get the dealer to do a symptom based diagnostic for brake pedal travel and computer will get them to do checks on travel before amd after master bleed. based on that will detemine if abs pump needs replacing. 

expensive or not too bad ? 

expensive it it does need abs pump replacing

better start saving then 😒