Shoxt3r

Focus 2013 Mk2.5 - Key Fob Battery message AFTER battery replacement

Hi there,

I've got a Ford Focus Mk2.5 (2013) which had the key battery replacement message pop up on the dash a few weeks ago.
I replaced both key fob batteries to be on the safe side, locked and unlocked the car with both keys but the message is still appearing?

Any thoughts on why this is happening? What's an easy fix please?
They weren't exactly the most expensive CR2032 batteries (good ol' Morrisons) but would have thought they'd last longer than a couple of locks/unlocks!

Thanks in advance.

Seems to be common that the cheap branded batteries are not very good, certainly on the Talkford forum we always suggest decent branded batteries. Had my car 6.5  years and changed the batteries twice with Duracells.

If you have a volt meter they should be 3.0v or more. If you get 2.8v then being lithium they are  going flat.

38 minutes ago, Kevin#95 said:

If you have a volt meter they should be 3.0v or more. If you get 2.8v then being lithium they are  going flat.

Indeed, brand new out of the box, a decent replacement will push 3.2v

Bit late to reply! So I've been running with the new batteries for about a week now and it seems the message has gone away by itself - presumably it took a few trips for the car to realise a new battery had been installed?

Also, in reply to you Stoney I always thought my Focus was seen as Mk2.5 as it pre-dates the facelift but correct me if I'm wrong in that... :)

Does your focus look like this? HERE that's a MK3.

As far as I know the MK3 came out in 2011, so if you have a MK2.5 then it must have been registered really late. MK2.5 HERE

C'mon OP, we're all dying to know which car you have! :thumbup: