Do Not Sell My Personal Information

European Driving

Glenny

Does anyone have info on whether or not you need beam benders on LED adaptive headlights ?.Probably wont matter this year,I know my Kuga with xenon was ok without them.

If you have the option to change the traffic side from left to right in lighting in the drivers menu then no. 

I took my Fiesta with LED lights to the continent and just changed that setting. 

7 hours ago, Trent Edge said:

Isn't it the other way round? RHT for the UK and LHT for Europe. It's not clear but the instruction seems to be for the traffic coming towards you. Most dealers set them to LHT in the UK and then people get flashed a lot. Changing them to RHT solves the problem. 

You drive on the left in the UK. It’s left hand traffic for UK. Right hand traffic when driving on right in Europe. 

OMG - Not this again............................................

h

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

hahahah... Exactly why I quoted that forum thread.

Look at the page linked... I know you can only believe so much you read on the internet but one person claimed that Ford service UK on twitter, confirmed it's Left hand for UK and Right for rest of Europe.

It doesn't say "oncoming traffic", it says, as most people talk about it "traffic".

33 minutes ago, Trent Edge said:

It doesn't say "oncoming traffic", it says, as most people talk about it "traffic".

The confusion comes from the fact that a beam kick-up on the wrong side will only affect the oncoming traffic... :unsure:

But it does seem to refer to the traffic you're in.  They could've worded it more clearly like 'left hand drive' rather than left hand traffic...

Oh...it looks like Left Hand Traffic is a standardised phrase! 😮 https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Left-_and_right-hand_traffic

Of course, the best option here is for everyone in the world to drive on the same side!  Lockdown would've been the ideal time to switch to RHT with the unprecedentedly low levels of traffic about! :whistling: 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

The confusion comes from the fact that a beam kick-up on the wrong side will only affect the oncoming traffic... :unsure:

But it does seem to refer to the traffic you're in.  They could've worded it more clearly like 'left hand drive' rather than left hand traffic...

Oh...it looks like Left Hand Traffic is a standardised phrase! 😮 https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Left-_and_right-hand_traffic

Of course, the best option here is for everyone in the world to drive on the same side!  Lockdown would've been the ideal time to switch to RHT with the unprecedentedly low levels of traffic about! :whistling: 

Honestly, having driven both left hand traffic and right hand traffic extensively, the latter feels much more natural!

• Like 1

On 5/15/2020 at 10:20 PM, alexp999 said:

If you have the option to change the traffic side from left to right in lighting in the drivers menu then no. 

I took my Fiesta with LED lights to the continent and just changed that setting. 

When you set your headlights to RHT in the UK, do you find that they are far too low? I found this interesting comment on that thread someone above linked:

Yes,

When in the UK on RHT the car won’t be picking up the correct surroundings, as you’ll be on the left, where as in Calais, you’ll be on the right, so will correct accordingly

Nope, in the continent, lights after I set them to RHT, are dipped too low. So - useless. So - HUGE dissapointment!

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club