Sign in to follow this  
Merlin75

key programming

Hi, was wondering if anyone can help

I have a 06 plate ford focus zetec climate. Went to get into the car yesterday, pressed the button to unlock the car and the car wouldn't open.  Changed the battery in the key and tried again but still wouldn't open the car.  I have the master key so opened the car and the alarm went off, although once I started the car the alarm stopped.  How do I go about getting my remote key to open the car without having to carry about both keys

Open it up and make sure the button is still soldered to the board that happened to mines and I had to solder it back on. 

@F0CUE I'm gonna have a look at mine in the morning. Never seen this tip before. 

I'm not sure how to get the pcb out of they key, there's a bit of black plastic holding it in. 

Any tips? 

Looking at the back of key I first thought it was damaged (circled in blue) but looking at the other side of the key it's where the contacts meet

IMG_20200518_111521.jpg

For anyone who finds this in the future, my search to remove the pcb took me to 

Which then lead me to https://thecarkeyman.co.uk/ford-mondeo-2010-2017/ford-mondeo-flip-key-repair-2010-2017/

Where it said to make sure you use a decent battery. Just back from doing my weekly shop and picked up a pack of duracell cr2032s and sure as anything the central locking works. 

Delighted 😂

1 hour ago, .Martin said:

For anyone who finds this in the future, my search to remove the pcb took me to 

Which then lead me to https://thecarkeyman.co.uk/ford-mondeo-2010-2017/ford-mondeo-flip-key-repair-2010-2017/

Where it said to make sure you use a decent battery. Just back from doing my weekly shop and picked up a pack of duracell cr2032s and sure as anything the central locking works. 

Delighted 😂

Mines practically just fell out good it was just battery for you anyways 😂