Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Smax 2.0tdi engine malfunction light on

ozzy610

Hi my 2011 2.0diesel titanium had the engine malfunction light on and a day later the management light came on.the garage said dpf problems.so the done a service and regen the dpf.but it wont complete. Regen been done 3 times now.its my mates garage so I know it's done.the fan was also on so trying to regen.but has came on since he regened it.light was off but came back on on a steady drive at 60mph for 10 mins.can anyone shine a light on this.code on the dash says DTC01.......c14000. Different codes on the code reader..sorry dont have them atm

Dash codes are useless, you need the ones from the code reader.

Are your journeys mostly around town with stop/start traffic? Or do you spend a lot of the time on the motorway?

Mostly stop start but do about 250 miles a week like that.

Blocked Fuel Vaporiser is the most likely cause...that's why it won't do a static regen as it cannot spray extra fuel in to the exhaust to get the temperature up to 600 - 650 Celsius

How do I clean the vaporiser.is the liquid solution or is it a strip out.

If it's blocked then the easiest thing to do is to replace it; they're about £250 for the part only from Ford or about £120 on eBay...https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/GENUINE-FORD-DPF-FUEL-VAPOURISER-VALVE-FITS-FORD-FOR-FOCUS-C-MAX-MONDEO-2-0-2-2/202271441339?hash=item2f185141bb:g:xeEAAOSwUVFcWq6W  whoever replaces it needs to plug in to the car and reset the DPF Learned Values and other Error codes, then take it for a drive on a free flowing road (A road / dual carriageway) and it should start to perform regen after a few miles.

It blocks up due to the build up of carbon inside the vaporiser unit, and to clean it would involve removing it from the exhaust pipe and spending time trying to scrape it clean internally through a tiny hole (which won't work)  or by removing the glow plug which is possible and this is what I did when I tried to clean mine, however it didn't work. It's also possible that the glow plug could be on it's way out too. Changed mine 3 years ago and it's been fine since, though I regularly use premium diesel now.

vaporiser2.jpg

vapouriserconnections2.jpg

Car went in to mate garage again.this is what the scan said.now the scan cant clear the codes.just keep coming back.the car has no loss of power.

20200519_140201.jpg

The "catalyst temperature too low..." basically means it can't get up to 600+ degrees celsius required for the regen, which means the vaporiser is not working (probably as I described above), this is a common problem and happens on the Transits too (exact same vaporiser). If it was an electrical fault then it might say something like "Exhaust aftertreatment glow plug open circuit..." meaning disconnected or glow plug failure (in the vaporiser).

You can't clear them because it wants to (needs to) do a regen, so even if you did manage to, they will come back within a few miles of driving, meanwhile the dpf is getting more clogged (ref: Soot accumulation error). If his snap-on machine is capable, try and reset the "dpf learned values" and then try to clear the errors, but once it's re-calibrated itself again you will get the same errors when it tried to regen again. You might be lucky and it might regen (did this on my car a few times before eventually it wouldn't and went in to constant limp mode), but this would be temporary until it blocks completely.

Have a read of my thread HERE

Ok so garage is gonna strip exhaust and see if the vaporiser is working and if not get a new one as it is impossible to clean.he gonna use forscan and make it inject fuel in to check..is that correct thank.

No need to strip exhaust, just remove the vaporiser, it will be obvious if it's blocked, the hole will be bunged up and you won't be able to blow through it from the fuel feed pipe.

• 1 year later...

Hello,

I'm not opening new topic...

I have problems with Exhaust gas temperature sensor. P0544, P0546

I changed sensor 1 and sensor 2 and I'm still having yellow warning light.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club