Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

House question...

jmurray01

Out of pure curiosity, what are the two things sticking out from under the guttering of both these houses?

20200518_083447.thumb.jpg.041c12f4fc814066f4cb0050991ce76d.jpg

As I'm working from home I've been sitting looking out of the window in my spare time and this just made me wonder :laugh:

My house doesn't have that and it was built at roughly the same time as those (ex-local authority)...

Looks like boiler vents.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Stoney871 said:

Looks like boiler vents.

Ah right you could be correct!  Must be old decommissioned ones as the one house on the right now has a more modern boiler exhaust on the side of the house, and all the exhausts I see now are just one pipe sticking out rather than those two.

Slightly concerning about the water staining down from one of them though but not my problem...

They are old security camera/monitors, if you enlarge the picture enough you can just make out the convex lenses, if you were looking at them straight on, the camera lense would be in the middle and a double or triple ring of white LED surrounding it.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Milkman said:

They are old security camera/monitors, if you enlarge the picture enough you can just make out the convex lenses, if you were looking at them straight on, the camera lense would be in the middle and a double or triple ring of white LED surrounding it.

That would make sense but on council houses!? 

Oh well, now I think I have more questions than answers 😅

The ones on the roof tiles look like air vents, keeps air circulation around the false roof . Keeps it dry as well.The white one look like spot lights. 

I'm not convinced they are security cameras or spot lights. The angles are all wrong for a camera and there would be point in having 2 spotlights or cameras pointing the same way as each other. Each of the houses has whatever they are pointing towards their neighbours property giving another reason for me to think they aren't cameras or spotlights.

Having said that, I have no clue what they are lol. Is it just those 2 houses or are there anymore along the street?

Morocco's 🤷‍♂️

• Like 1

Morocco's [emoji2369]
I'm guessing autocorrect has mugged you off there Lenny [emoji1787]

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Looking at them as in the picture you can't really tell if the ones looking the same way are at the exact same angle, they may be set to cover a wider angle, they do look like very old type. Why on Council houses?, probably so the tenants can see the rent collectors coming and hide!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Milkman said:

Why on Council houses?

Rough area! You ever been to the Moray coast? Even the crows carry knives!! 

crow.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I bet the house on the right has a lovely mould patch behind that Sky dish!  The sat cable should've been looped at the top to prevent rain running down the wall! :biggrin: 

• Like 2

And the house on the left is missing at least 2 tiles! 

Screenshot_20200518-222900.png

• Like 1

And the house on the left is missing at least 2 tiles! 
Screenshot_20200518-222900.thumb.png.588725340764adf0f9ee0f45ba711f9a.png
That was upsetting me too lol. I don't think the 2 things on the roof are vents either, looks like the roof could do with an inspection and repair.

Typical Council, plead poverty and moan about the budget cuts, award their head honcho's with massive bonuses and leave the tenants of their properties living in squalor!

6 hours ago, Milkman said:

Typical Council, plead poverty and moan about the budget cuts, award their head honcho's with massive bonuses and leave the tenants of their properties living in squalor!

On the original post @jmurray01 mentions ex-council, not sure if these are council owned or private but the one on the left looks like new(er) harling/dashing which would leave me to guess it's privately owned. 

16 hours ago, Turvey said:

crow.jpeg

... and an ankle tag! 😃

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Is it a 'hoodie' crow?

• Haha 2

29 minutes ago, Turvey said:
17 hours ago, Turvey said:

crow.jpeg

... and an ankle tag! 😃

Surely an attempted Murder.....!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

0d489798e9bfdcfe07d5a063911b27a0.gif

• Like 3

19 hours ago, Turvey said:

crow.jpeg

Sure I saw him in my back yard the other day :laugh:

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Turvey said:

On the original post @jmurray01 mentions ex-council, not sure if these are council owned or private but the one on the left looks like new(er) harling/dashing which would leave me to guess it's privately owned. 

Indeed, the left is private and the right is still council.

21 hours ago, Jonro2009 said:

I'm not convinced they are security cameras or spot lights. The angles are all wrong for a camera and there would be point in having 2 spotlights or cameras pointing the same way as each other. Each of the houses has whatever they are pointing towards their neighbours property giving another reason for me to think they aren't cameras or spotlights.

Having said that, I have no clue what they are lol. Is it just those 2 houses or are there anymore along the street?

Yeah it seems odd, it's just those two houses and nothing for a while.

You're gonna have to go and ask the tenants...we're all intrigued now! :laugh: 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

You're gonna have to go and ask the tenants...we're all intrigued now! :laugh: 

Well one of them goes to my church (under normal circumstances...) but not sure how I'd discretely broach that subject :laugh:

• Haha 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club