Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2010 Focus 1.6 Keyless power button

0Jay

Hello everyone. 
I am working on a 2010 Focus which has the power button in the centre console between the seats. The button will not bring the dash to life or start the car. It is keyless ignition, but If it were a keyed ignition you would say it doesn’t go the the second click. The interior and exterior lights and radio do work. I am not sure if the key and the car are talking. 
Could anyone explain the normal sequence of starting the car, please? The customer usually just places his bunch of keys in the well between the seats but has not had the car long enough to have really thought about the sequence of events. 
There is a blinking LED between the gauges, does this usually go off if the key fob is recognised? If the batteries in the fob go flat, there should be an emergency start location to place the key. Is it over the blank where the ignition barrel used to be in the steering column? Or in another location? There is 12v at the obd connector but none of the modules are awake so are all no-comm. I have replaced the button and checked all of the fuses and relays in the engine junction box and the fuse box under the glove box. 

Any help would be appreciated. 
cheers

Not sure what your particular issue is but I don't think there is any emergency location if battery in fob is flat, isn't the battery there just to power the unlocking and locking signal?

What about under the steering column blanking plug. Is there a slot there for the fob to sit in ?

if the key are communicating then I think your fob battery is dead ,or if you replaced it but may not have replaced it quick to have lost its communication. therefore it need re programming, infact all your keys together in a sequence & in given time to complete the whole process. I'm not exactly sure how as I did it a while ago ,even saying that one blade key is still not working (probably something wrong in my programming process or not fast enough in allowed time) in future I suggest leave spare remote batteries in car .
I'm sure their is a guide on here or even on YouTube.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

There is usually a place where you can put the fob in keyless systems that has an antenna coil very close so the fob does not have to broadcast when it’s batteries are low. I am working on the assumption that it is where the normal coil would be behind the obvious blank on the steering column. There is a key slot there and the emergency key blade from inside the fob does go down it but it does not turn as the barrel would. 

This type of car basically has 2 different systems to disarm the PATS immobilizer system.

The Keyles fob transmits a signal that is detected by several antennas that are installed inside the interior of the car. This system relies on the battery of the Keyless fob. If the battery is empty or the key stops transmitting the PATS signal the car will be immobilized.

For emergency purposes the Keyless fob also contains a conventional PATS transponder (identical to the non Keyless fobs). To use this the blanking cap at the steering column needs to be removed and the Keyless fob needs to be inserted into the exposed cavity. A receiver inside the steering column detects the conventional PATS transponder and disarms the immobilizer. This system does not rely on the battery of the keyless fob. 

On a Keyless Start vehicle the PATS immobilizer system is fully controlled by the KVM (Keyless Vehicle Module) which is installed in the boot behind the carpet. If both the Keyless and conventional PATS systems fail the KVM might be defective.

• Thanks 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club