Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Rubbish Pull Away

spikeymj

I have had my focus for about two years now I do an oil change on it every six months and I have changed my air filter but I can work out what is doing it everything is still standard under the hood

Can anyone help please

I have had my focus for about two years now I do an oil change on it every six months and I have changed my air filter but I can work out what is doing it everything is still standard under the hood

Can anyone help please

have you changed the fuel filter? poor pulling can be many things so eliminating thems the best way to start is the clutch slipping is the car using excessive fuel the maf could be needing cleaned faulty temp sensor to name but a few usually a code will be thrown up if not and the engine light isnt on its one of those hard to diagnose things

give it a full service

plugs

ht leads

air, fuel filter

oil change

clean the Maf

if none of that makes any difference then it could be many thing, coil pack on it's way out, injectors blocked, fuel pressure low (fuel Pump, Fuel Regulator) could be many things, if no codes then i tend to look for things that don't have a sensor but i would give it a full service, when was the last time u change the spark plugs and HT Leads?

i changed the clutch not that long ago got a new one from fords and put it in, the coil pack is about a year old now i would say i have not changed the plugs or leads since i have had it so i will change them and the fuel filter, i have no codes coming up yet so i would say that is a good thing i think i will give the maf a clean out aswell thanks

not having a go at anyone person. But I get fed up of reading posts that go along the lines, I've got a car that is not working properly can you tell me what's wrong with it. No year of build or registration date, no model designation, no engine size, don't know if its petrol or diesel. PUTTING THAT INFO IN YOUR SIG saves a lot of time....... rant over :rolleyes:

As to the OP,

If it's petrol, plugs by and large are recommended to be changed every two years. If you have not changed them since having the car, they could be years old, four or five who knows.

sorry catch

ford focus

1.6 zet eng

3 door

black

03 reg

petrol

manual

regs DMR

i have changed the air filter and now i have changed the plugs and leads, i has made it alot better on the pull aways now thanks but got one little prob now it have a little judder when i put my foot down it feels like it is missing would this be becoz the plugs and leads are new

thanks

spikeymj

sorry catch

ford focus

1.6 zet eng

3 door

black

03 reg

petrol

manual

regs DMR

i have changed the air filter and now i have changed the plugs and leads, i has made it alot better on the pull aways now thanks but got one little prob now it have a little judder when i put my foot down it feels like it is missing would this be becoz the plugs and leads are new

thanks

spikeymj

most likely its because yiou need a new coil pack mate with new leads it should be smooth so the coil pack is the likely culprit as for plugs ford claim the originals on mine shouldnt need changed till 100k !Removed! i change mine every year or two no longer than that

fords love to say things dont need changing for 100k ie cam belts plugs water in the rad the coil pack is only about two years old coz when i got the car it went as i was driving it home from fords unlucky or what i might have a look in to that then thinking of it when the last one when it was like that the old plugs i took out was well bad

doesn't matter how old ur coil pack is if it goes it goes, i have a spare coil pack ready and waiting lol try reseting ecu i always do after plug and lead change. just disconnect the battery for 15 mins then try it

:rolleyes: cool cool i will do that tomoz going to change the fule filter aswell tomoz thanks for all ya help it has worked so far
  • Like 1

doesn't matter how old ur coil pack is if it goes it goes, i have a spare coil pack ready and waiting lol try reseting ecu i always do after plug and lead change. just disconnect the battery for 15 mins then try it

yep i agree the ford coil packs are well known for failing regardless of age thats why many are fitted with screaming demon coil packs and leads expensive but have proven reliable as they are coated to protect them up to 1400 degrees the leads also but require some wiring at nealy 150 quid they are very expensive

sorry catch

Oh just ignore me spikeymi, I have to do it, I'm a "grumpy old man" :D

welcome to the club mate

That's ok mate I was joking around

I took the batt wire off and left it for about 30 min still doing it would it matter if one of the plugs had a crack in the shramic part (white bit on the leads end) soz about the spelling

That's ok mate I was joking around

I took the batt wire off and left it for about 30 min still doing it would it matter if one of the plugs had a crack in the shramic part (white bit on the leads end) soz about the spelling

its most likely tyhe copil pack and if the ceramics cracked which it shouldnt it wont be helping much