Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2 little mk8 questions

wordchild
聽Share

Hello all,

Does anybody know from when a FordPass modem was fitted to Fiestas - if it's correct that some higher spec mk8s have them?

Also how good are standard mk8 headlights and has anybody fitted upgraded bulbs?聽

Thanks聽馃

Ford pass is shown as standard on higher spec cars - ST-L X, Vignale etc - in the September 2018 price list and is now on all models (from late 2019 I think?).

I find the standard lights perfectly adequate though I know some folks have changed bulbs etc which seems to be a fiddly job.聽

Many thanks Eric.

Is it correct that to check for FordPass, you'd scroll thru the touchscreen menus to find an icon for it?聽

Was just curious about the headlamps as I've fitted upgraded (dipped)聽bulbs to my mk7, though the difference isn't night and day haha.

23 minutes ago, wordchild said:

Is it correct that to check for FordPass, you'd scroll thru the touchscreen menus to find an icon for it?聽

Lol you'd need to ask someone who has it - my early 2018 car doesn't!馃榾

20 minutes ago, Eric Bloodaxe said:

Lol you'd need to ask someone who has it - my early 2018 car doesn't!馃榾

Mine is an March 2018 and doesn鈥檛 have it, I think it鈥檚 around early 2019 it started showing up

The standard halogens are fine, but 2020 models now have LED dipped beams so can鈥檛 comment how they are.聽

ive played around with different h7 bulbs but really, there wasn鈥檛 ever any crazy noticeable difference.聽

I now have Autobeam LED Bulbs fitted, they produce a much whiter light but cover roughly the same area with the same level of brightness. I don鈥檛 think they鈥檙e bad but would advise to only fit them (and it鈥檚 a very fiddly job with an led bulb) if you want the whiter light. I certainly don鈥檛 recommend the blue coated halogens though, their output is white but also non existent in the dark and rain.

1 hour ago, DG97 said:

Mine is an March 2018 and doesn鈥檛 have it, I think it鈥檚 around early 2019 it started showing up

Snap! Yeah, I think it started to appear from 2019MY (so in the Sept 2018 list as mentioned in my first post). From what I've read on here, can't say I'm bothered not to have it!馃榾

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Eric Bloodaxe said:

Snap! Yeah, I think it started to appear from 2019MY (so in the Sept 2018 list as mentioned in my first post). From what I've read on here, can't say I'm bothered not to have it!馃榾

Same here, doesn鈥檛 look like we鈥檙e missing much!聽

• Like 1

Thanks as always for you help guys.

Combing thru Autotrader, have found a 68-plate (registered 30/10/18) where a pic showed the FordPass icon. Am guessing that could be an early 2019MY from what you've said Eric. The car I'm considering doesn't appear to have it but it doesn't sound like that should be a deal breaker聽馃榾

I've put upgraded halogens into my mk7 and along with slightly raising the beam heights it is an improvement - but I wouldn't be ambitious enough to try putting LEDs in...馃槈

I don't know what the Ford Pass modem is but have been able to connect the Ford Pass Android app to my 2018 Ford Fiesta.

聽 聽 聽- not a ST or Vignale.

I made the connection via bluetooth and it tells me things like my oil condition, so it must be connected聽

I hope that this is helpful.

Kind regards Tony

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tonygibbs16 said:

I don't know what the Ford Pass modem is but have been able to connect the Ford Pass Android app to my 2018 Ford Fiesta.

Yes, afaik you have always been able to download the app onto a phone. The modem creates an in car Wi-Fi hotspot and allows extra info eg live traffic updates to the nav, I understand, without you eating into your own mobile data.

We have a mk8 fiesta and mk4 focus, both with standard halogens.

Fiesta is projector, Focus is reflector.聽 The Fiesta lights as standard are better than the Focus.聽 I put osrams in the Focus but havent felt the need to do so for the Fiesta.

Projectors look better too.

Thanks Tony - that is helpful. How reliable do you find the FordPass app? Brief look at reviews on the Play store, and some comments on here suggest that others have found it flaky.聽

Heartening to hear you find the standard Fiesta lamps better than those of the Focus, Guy - is that both on dip and full beam?聽

We have an 18 and 69 plate StLx. Lamps are great in both. The 18 plate doesn't have the modem, the 69 plate does.

Ford pass app differs slightly due to this.

If I remember, there is no tracker (vehicle location) on the 18 plate, you cannot lock and unlock doors and probable other differences I cannot remember.

Hope this helps.

As above, our 69 reg ST-Line has the modem, but wouldn鈥檛 say you鈥檙e missing much by not having it.

Thank you folks聽馃檪

How are people finding the mk8 front seats for comfort? Does anyone feel they give a shade too much lumbar support?聽

No, seats for us are very comfortable.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, wordchild said:

How are people finding the mk8 front seats for comfort? Does anyone feel they give a shade too much lumbar support?聽

Not clear exactly which model you are looking at?

Higher specs -聽 ST-L X, Titanium etc - have adjustable lumbar support as standard, and it was optional elsewhere.

I was a bit unsure of the seats (part-leather on mine) at first, I seemed to be sat on them rather than in them. They seemed to "give* over time and were fine after a few months. Others reported similarly.

Incidentally, 聽I started an "early impressions" thread when I got my car in March 2018, to which Martin, I and others have contributed a lot of comments you may find useful馃榾.

Not checked the main beam tbh, don't have much cause to use it in our normal driving聽

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club