Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Steering wheel control for aftermarket

Hellborg

I recently bought a ford fiesta Mk 7 from 2008 and decided to also upgrade the stereo in it to fit one with android auto. I bought a complete kit from connects2 with all the required panels and wiring harness to make this work... or so i thought.
Now, following the instructions i have got the radio to work as intended, i can get the audio out and it starts when i turn on the ignition. The problem is that i cant seen to get the steering wheel controls to work. The only button that will do anything is the one of the left stalk that has the icon for the voice control. Pressing this button allows me to enter the menu and enter the selected menu item, but seeing as i cant change the selected item or go back, this is useless.

So after doing a little bit of digging, it turns out that the adapter i got from Connects2 is for a radio model with an "Ok" button on the steering wheel control. But mine only has a "M" buttons as the original radio had phone connectivity (although only for calls).
Is there any way to make the adapter i have to work with the SWC i have? or do i need to get another one, and if so, which one? I have tried googling and even reached out to Connects2 but have not gotten any answer.

I figured i would ask here if someone else has also had this problem and if/how they got passed this.
It is a bit annoying to have a brand new stereo but not being able to switch song from the steering wheel.

I can try and look into this for you but need some info first

What's the model number of the connects2 adapter you have?

Is yours a Mk7 fiesta?

What was the original radio you had installed?

What do the original radio connectors look like?

That would be super nice!

Model number : CTSFO004

Yes, its a Mk7 Fiesta

Original radio: 8A6T-18C815-BP (radio AHU)

original radio connectors: see picture

I bought the entire facsia kit from connects2 and was told it would work. And looking at the instructions for the adapter, the picture shown of the controls are the same as the ones found in mine. So i find it strange as to why it wont work.

2020-05-22 17.16.56.jpg

Have you calibrated it ? in the android setting there should be a steering wheel symbol or similar that allows you to tell what button does what.

Watch video wont be the same but similar to all Androids.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fo4Sv-INUYM

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

• 1 year later...

I had an issue with the steering wheel controls on mine but I managed to fix. I used the seller’s wiring and didn’t need to buy a connects 2. If seller sends you canbus that is all you should need.

First of all at the back of the android stereo make sure the white cable coming off the power cable (black) is connected.

Then there should be another cable labelled key1. This should hopefully have a 2 pin connector at the end of it. This connects to the 2 pin connector that comes off the cable that was connected to the old display. This is the steering wheel controls. If key 1 doesn’t have a connector you’ll need to cut wires and follow diagrams to connect correctly. That is beyond me.

Then turn on the android stereo. Go into car settings and factory settings. Enter password. Mine was “000000” for an android 13 stereo. Could be “123456” and/or “8888” for earlier models. Click canbus and ensure that your make and model car is selected and update. Check if it all works. If not then…

Finally in settings I think under general there should be a steering wheel control setting (SWC) change it from dynamic to learning. Another setting for SWC to map the buttons. You follow the instruction by physically pressing the steering wheel buttons to the corresponding display and your steering wheel will be mapped and job is a goodun. 

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club