Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fiesta engines

Matthew McGuinness

Just used car wow to spec a fiesta st line x (exactly the same as what i have), i was interested to see what the monthly payments would now be. I got this response from one of the dealers (attached in the image). I wouldn't be surprised if they will be putting the 155 mild hybrid into the fiesta soon.

Screenshot_20200521-204918~2.jpg

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Matthew McGuinness said:

. I wouldn't be surprised if they will be putting the 155 mild hybrid into the fiesta soon.

I think you're right. The Focus and Fiesta were supposed to be next in line for mild hybrid after the Puma and when I had my service just prior to lockdown (seems like years ago now) I was chatting with my local dealer sales guys and they were saying the same. Only sour note was they'd been given the impression the Fiesta would only get the 125 version. Doesn't sound right to me, as the 140 has been very popular, and the 155 with mild hybrid and extra torque would be a logical replacement, so hope whoever told them that was wrong!

• Like 1

Hello folks,

Seems a little strange that it's taking Ford so long - Autocar reported that mild hybrid Fiestas and Focuses were coming, back in March 2019 and it was evidently a Ford announcement, not a scoop. Cursory look at Ford's website says that they're coming "soon". Neither the Autocar story nor Ford webpage mentions which power outputs will go where though. Am sure the 155ps mild hybrid would be good fun in a Fiesta...

• Like 1

We were told at dealership on our last visit that the hybrid fiestas were being put on hold as apparently the hybrid part of the Puma had been a bit of a flop / failure and could be called just a gimmick ???

Who knows.

• Like 2

A long running saga this one. Hybrid Fiesta/Focus still featuring as coming soon on Ford website and I'd be surprised if it didn't happen (eventually) in view of the tighter emissions regs.

But yeah, as I mentioned on another thread I drove a 125 hybrid Puma (bit heavier than the Fiesta of course) but it was certainly no ball of fire. The sales guys told me the 155 was not a lot different but I didn't get chance to try their 155 before lockdown.

It might be a different story in the lighter Fiesta, hopefully, and I'm Interested to see how they accommodate the 48v battery, whether it will impact on boot space, ability to have a spare wheel etc.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club