Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Parking sensors location

Bradfordlegend

Hi I have a 2008 automatic Ford Fusion plus, when I got it in October last year front and rear parking sensors and a lane assist feature worked on it, however these stopped working. I’ve had the car at garage today for something else and they are telling me the car doesn’t have parking sensors as there are no circle mounts on the bumper. I know it has the sensors as they definitely worked and would like to know if anyone knows where they could be located. Likewise could these have been installed privately? I feel like no one believes me on this but certainly didn’t imagine it. Thanks David

My Fusion + was a 2008 model and parking sensors were an optional extra fitted in the bumper but they didn't do lane assist.

Thank you so much for that information there doesn’t seem to be anything about parking sensor locations anywhere and I was beginning to question myself but remember them going off for about a month then nothing, that’s where I assumed they would be located but because there are no circular sensors on outer bumper mechanic at garage is positive it doesn’t have any. I can at least tell him now when I pick it back up later.

I could have sworn that when I took it on the first long run out to a theme park I was on motorway and drifted out of lane which prompted beeping in cockpit as I didn’t initially realise what it was (not a petrolhead and a new driver at that point) just assumed it was lane assist but maybe it wasn’t that then.  

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club