Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Where is my oil filter?

T1!pers

Hi guys am trying to change the oil filter on my car but for some reason i cant actually seem to find where it is located. ive managed to find the oil container itself and i alwasy thought that they were located infront/behind that yet i still cant seem to see it. i have a 2019 ford focus st line x edition automatic MK IV and the reg is H20 DTT if that helps anyone. if someone with a similar sort of car could send me a picture of where theres is located or a engine diagram with it on there that would be much appreciated.

Many Thanks  

Is it the 2.0 diesel your reg is private. 

no its the 1.5 eco blue

1 hour ago, F0CUE said:

Is it the 2.0 diesel your reg is private. 

no its the 1.5 eco blue st 

It appears to be below the air filter housing on the right hand side of the engine seems a bit of a pain to change compared to some. 

• Like 1

Jeez...he made that look difficult !!

You don't need to touch the air filter housing at all assuming you have the right length socket/extension to get your ratchet in there as there isn't a great deal of room to work in. Once loosened off, just wait for about 1 minute to allow the oil to drain out of the housing and into the sump otherwise it will spill all over the gearbox when you pull the filter housing out !!

When putting the new filter in, make sure that the plastic nipple has seated correctly in the hole inside the METAL housing otherwise you will break it !!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Phil3747 said:

Jeez...he made that look difficult !!

You don't need to touch the air filter housing at all assuming you have the right length socket/extension to get your ratchet in there as there isn't a great deal of room to work in. Once loosened off, just wait for about 1 minute to allow the oil to drain out of the housing and into the sump otherwise it will spill all over the gearbox when you pull the filter housing out !!

When putting the new filter in, make sure that the plastic nipple has seated correctly in the hole inside the METAL housing otherwise you will break it !!!

Thaanks that will help me when it's time to do mines. I was used to the MK2 petrol so much easier to access. 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club