Do Not Sell My Personal Information

MK7.5 ZS upgrade to ST Line Headlights

Mynamesbrett

Hey all,

Wanting to upgrade to the ST line headlights with the DRL strip however from reading on here, I'll need some IDS tinkering.. is this something a lot of people offer? Is it cheap to get? Sounds like it's simple to do as long as you have the software, can I 'obtain' the software and do it myself? Sorry for the questions, I didn't know this 'IDS' existed until reading about it just now!

Thanks! 

It's the hardware that costs. Unless you're willing to spend upwards of £1000 on an original Bosch IDS tool, then you'll have to pay someone a few beers to do it for you lol. You can get Chinese knock-offs on eBay for around £250. I wouldn't count on these working for every job though.

Come to think of it, this maybe possible by using Forscan. The software is free from their website and a modified Elm327 costs around £15 from Tunnelrat (be careful with the eBay ones). If you plan on keeping with Ford for a while, Forscan is invaluable anyway so worth a shot? Just make sure to backup your files before you change any settings but pretty sure it's just ticking a box.

7 hours ago, Luke4efc said:

It's the hardware that costs. Unless you're willing to spend upwards of £1000 on an original Bosch IDS tool, then you'll have to pay someone a few beers to do it for you lol. You can get Chinese knock-offs on eBay for around £250. I wouldn't count on these working for every job though.

Come to think of it, this maybe possible by using Forscan. The software is free from their website and a modified Elm327 costs around £15 from Tunnelrat (be careful with the ebay ones). If you plan on keeping with Ford for a while, Forscan is invaluable anyway so worth a shot? Just make sure to backup your files before you change any settings but pretty sure it's just ticking a box.

Hmm, might need to look into it a bit more, not sure what else it has on there that would be worth while! Guess I just need to find a garage that has access to it nearby! 

14 hours ago, Mynamesbrett said:

Hmm, might need to look into it a bit more, not sure what else it has on there that would be worth while! Guess I just need to find a garage that has access to it nearby! 

I'd look into doing it with Forscan. I'm almost certain it can be done with that. For £15 what have you to lose. As I said you'll always need the tool if you plan on keeping with Ford for a while.

Not many garages carry IDS, they usually just have something like a snap on diagnostic machine or similar. Ford garages will definitely have it, however they'll just tell you the job isn't possible.

I am also interested in this. It is possible. 

I just need to source the lights first 

• 2 weeks later...

Just completed this retrofit today. Looks so much better than the halogen DRLs.

Just two options need changing in Forscan for them to work properly. 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club