Do Not Sell My Personal Information

focus 2010 push button start problem

JoshFocusZS
聽Share

Picked up a new car yesterday, 2010 focus ZS TDCI. I only got 1 KEY with the car! Buttons do not work on the fob so I have to use the blade in the locks. When I get in a warning flashes saying key outside car, when I hold the key to the ignition it starts ok but the warning stays on it sometimes goes off but it's there most of the time. So I put in a new battery and tried to program the fob pressing the S/S button 8 times (4on4off) but the system chimes like mad due to the 'key outside car' message. So I gave the local dealer a quick call to pick their brains will cost me at least 拢107 just to find the problem 馃あ馃 and upto 拢300 on top of that for another key so I have 2. So I'm wondering if anyone could help with the central locking issue or the 'key outside car' message as I will have to spend 拢300 on another key either way but dont fancy paying 拢107 for them to say its knackered you need a new one. Thanks in advance.

1. Turn ignition from OFF to RUN 8 times within 10 seconds, with the 8th time ending in RUN. Door聽locks will cycle to confirm programming mode.

2. Within 20 seconds press any button on first keyless remote. Door locks will cycle to confirm programming.

3. Within 20 seconds, press any button on second keyless remote. Door locks will cycle again to聽confirm programming.

4. Turn ignition to OFF. Locks will again cycle to indicate end of programming mode.

3 hours ago, F0CUE said:

1. Turn ignition from OFF to RUN 8 times within 10 seconds, with the 8th time ending in RUN. Door聽locks will cycle to confirm programming mode.

2. Within 20 seconds press any button on first keyless remote. Door locks will cycle to confirm programming.

3. Within 20 seconds, press any button on second keyless remote. Door locks will cycle again to聽confirm programming.

4. Turn ignition to OFF. Locks will again cycle to indicate end of programming mode.

A guy just came and checked the key and it's not emitting any signal so its knackered聽 unfortunately

4 hours ago, JoshFocusZS said:

A guy just came and checked the key and it's not emitting any signal so its knackered聽 unfortunately

Oh no will be a locksmith job then.聽

2 hours ago, F0CUE said:

Oh no will be s locksmith job then.聽

Yeh hes said it will be a new key needed and they are the expensive ones aswel, but should be considerably cheaper than main dealer.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club