Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mk4 1.0 125hp M6 clutch issues

Chriss10

Hi guys,

I own the new MK4 dr5 1.0 125hp Titanium Business and I love it so badly. The one thing that is a bit strange and I can’t yet understand is the clutch.

When I change gear, specially when I get into the 2nd gear it doesn’t change smoothly. It always makes a hitting sound and it kinda shakes the car a little bit. In Romania we all drive mostly only manuals, so lack of experience is not an answer.

Has anyone experienced this issue before? I think it takes too much effort to change gear smoothly and I’m suspecting something is wrong inside there.

Thanks,

Cristian

As it's still under warranty I think you need to take it back to the dealers (assuming they are open in Romania ?)

I don't know if the 1.0 cars have the same gearbox as the 1.5 petrol ones, but mine was like that for about the first two months from new but it is ok now.

Different gearbox on the smaller engine mk4 Focus. If reverse is on right hand side it’s the one they put in the 1 litre. 

Thanks guys. It’s the gearbox with reverse in the right. Haven’t seen it different not even on 1.5 littre.

I got the car in July 2019, almost 10.000km till nou 🙂 

3 hours ago, Phil3747 said:

As it's still under warranty I think you need to take it back to the dealers (assuming they are open in Romania ?)

I actually asked at the dealership and they said “it’s normal”...

I’ve not driven one, I went for an automatic. Going by reviews I watched before picking my 1.5l mk4 the dealership are probably right. 

5 hours ago, Chriss10 said:

Titanium Business

It’s called a Titanium Business? Is that the Romanian version of a Titanium X ? 

1 hour ago, Chriss10 said:

Thanks guys. It’s the gearbox with reverse in the right. Haven’t seen it different not even on 1.5 littre.

I got the car in July 2019, almost 10.000km till nou 🙂 

Mine has the B6 Gearbox according to Etis with reverse on the left and up. I have driven a 2019 Fiesta Active with the reverse on the right and the gearchange was not as smooth as mine although I don't remember if it was just 1st and 2nd.

Hopefully someone with a 1.0 and the same gearbox as you will be able to tell you if they have the same problems with gear changes as you are having.

47 minutes ago, Alex.S said:

It’s called a Titanium Business? Is that the Romanian version of a Titanium X ? 

Hmm, I think it’s normal to have different marketing titles. Titanium Business is the most expensive trim, except for ST Line which is a scam in my opinion.

The package includes:

17” wheels

Full auto LED Lights 

Black tinted read windows

Inteligent limiter and autopilot

Parking Sensors, etc

I also added the winter package and 180 rear video camera.

Hope I translated those specs corectly 😄

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Chriss10 said:

except for ST Line which is a scam in my opinion.

How’s it a scam? I’ve got a ST Line X , it’s pretty much same spec as the titanium X . Extras for both are extensive where you can get to the point where better off buying a Vignale or an ST. 

5 minutes ago, Tizer said:

Mine has the B6 Gearbox according to Etis with reverse on the left and up. I have driven a 2019 Fiesta Active with the reverse on the right and the gearchange was not as smooth as mine although I don't remember if it was just 1st and 2nd.

Hopefully someone with a 1.0 and the same gearbox as you will be able to tell you if they have the same problems with gear changes as you are having.

My bad. The reverse is LEFT + UP. Sorry for the misunderstanding, but I never look at it :)) 

My MK3 1.6 EcoBoost is the same changing into second, I now just lift the clutch up much more slowly than normal. I think the 1.0 and 1.5/1.6 have the same box anyway.

4 minutes ago, Alex.S said:

How’s it a scam? I’ve got a ST Line X , it’s pretty much same spec as the titanium X . Extras for both are extensive where you can get to the point where better off buying a Vignale or an ST. 

Well, maybe its just in Romania. You know, those “double european standards”. ST Line comes with a lot of cheap inner plastics which look horible. For example, the inner cover of the back doors are made of cheap plastic on st line.Titanium have better ones.

Trend (which is the cheapest) has the same plastics as ST Line

14 minutes ago, Chriss10 said:

Well, maybe its just in Romania. You know, those “double european standards”. ST Line comes with a lot of cheap inner plastics which look horible. For example, the inner cover of the back doors are made of cheap plastic on st line.Titanium have better ones.

There are differences between ST Line standard and ST Line X.

Bob Flavin is usually brutally honest, he does say you’d get used to the gearbox. 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Chriss10 said:

The reverse is LEFT + UP

If that reviewer is correct and the gearbox in the 1L with reverse on the RIGHT isn’t as good maybe cause you have a higher spec you have the box that’s in the 1.5L  🤷‍♂️ 

Iirc the Mk 4 1.0 has the same box (6MTT215) as the Fiesta Mk 8 which has attracted criticism from some owners for its change quality, though it seems to vary as some find it fine. Mine is not the slickest change I've ever had (particularly first to second) though it has improved over 10,000 miles. (Or I've just got used to it - either way it doesn't bother me now!)

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Eric Bloodaxe said:

Iirc the Mk 4 1.0 has the same box (6MTT215) as the Fiesta Mk 8 which has attracted criticism from some owners for its change quality, though it seems to vary as some find it fine. Mine is not the slickest change I've ever had (particularly first to second) though it has improved over 10,000 miles. (Or I've just got used to it - either way it doesn't bother me now!)

Out of interest, is reverse on the left or right on yours? 

1 hour ago, Alex.S said:

Out of interest, is reverse on the left or right on yours? 

It's on the right. This threw me when I first got the car as my previous Fords (and other makes, come to that) with six speed boxes had reverse on the left!😀

10 minutes ago, Eric Bloodaxe said:

It's on the right. This threw me when I first got the car as my previous Fords (and other makes, come to that) with six speed boxes had reverse on the left!😀

Do yourself a favour Mr Bloodaxe ...get yourself an automatic! I’ve had mine 7 months , should’ve got one decades ago..will never change back to manual from here on in ..

• Like 1

Lol. You're suggesting to a Yorkshireman that parting with around 1500 quid of his brass for a gadget to do something he can do himself, is doing himself a favour?!😀

No, seriously, it's something I review every time I change cars and I've tried a lot of autos over the years but I still prefer manual at the mo, given the choice.

• Haha 4

Got a mk3 focus B6 transmission with the reverse in the left and found little problems shifting into second. Quite nice shifting but found the only had a issue shifting down into second gear, but think it was a gear shift linkage problem when it loosened with some persuasion and wd40. 🙂

and another thing: when in neutral, the stick has like a “dead zone” where it moves forward / backward, like as if a screw wasn’t tightened right. Is that normal? 🙂 it’s like a .... “wiggle”, I don’t know how to call it differently 😄 

If its still the ib5 they use then its the same since mk2 and yes 2nd gear has its moments. I found it to be better when I done an oil change in the gearbox. But that shouldn't apply to a new car TBH. 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club