Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Door Wont Open From Inside Or Out, And I've The Card Off! :( Help, Please!

focusing

Hi guys and girls - please be gentle its my first post!

Our 99' focus refuses to allow you to open the OSR door from either inside or out. I took the door card off to see if i could identify the problem, but alas i've found nothing suspicious, other than the button to lock the car from within isn't 'right' - it does not click from lock to unlock or visa versa as it should, so clearly has something to do with the problem. I can peer through and see the arms of the lock mechanisim clearly moving, so its nothing as simple of the cable snapped, or handles broken etc - i fear its in the lock itself where the problem lies.

So, my question is, where do i go from here, i can't access the screws to remove the lock body with the door closed..?? :(

Your help on this one would be much appreciated!

Cheers

Tom

Update:

I went to my local garage last night to see if they had any bright ideas, but alas after trying everything i have they were left as puzzeled as me!

Surely i dont have to smash the lock to pieces, cut the door off or lever it open if i ever want to solve this issue - if so Mr Ford thats pants!!??

Cheers

Tom

Update:

I went to my local garage last night to see if they had any bright ideas, but alas after trying everything i have they were left as puzzeled as me!

Surely i dont have to smash the lock to pieces, cut the door off or lever it open if i ever want to solve this issue - if so Mr Ford thats pants!!??

Cheers

Tom

if it wont open from the inside with the lock mechanism then you very well might taking it to ford is a good idea as if they have had it before they will know the tricks to get it open again

Yes definitely try Ford dealers. Its the last resort for me but in this circumstance you may need to go. You never know to them it could be an easy fix, but before trying the dealers go to another garage and they may be able to shed some light on the situation.

Yes definitely try Ford dealers. Its the last resort for me but in this circumstance you may need to go. You never know to them it could be an easy fix, but before trying the dealers go to another garage and they may be able to shed some light on the situation.

Thanks guys, like you say there might be a trick to it - like a locksmith can hit a lock in the right place with a centre punch and all that..

I will let you know!

Cheers

Tom

Thanks guys, like you say there might be a trick to it - like a locksmith can hit a lock in the right place with a centre punch and all that..

I will let you know!

Cheers

Tom

Tom, just to say i can sympathise with your problem as exactly the same thing has happened with my mine, took it to my local garage they tried pushing /pull etc to no avail, recommended i take to an auto lock smith which am doing saturday, will let you know how i get on.

Adrian

Success! just to let you know i've manage to free up the lock mechanism, i tried squirting some wd40 (using the straw) through all accesible areas around the intrnal door lock and through behind the lock (straw actuall found a way through), also gave the outside lock a squirt.

then with the window down tried the key in the lock and at the same time kept trying to rock the lock button and it suddenly freed it self!

Now i'm not really familiar with the focus locking system but in order to lock all the doors i have to use the key in the lock on the passenger door to lock / unlock all doors - not a problem, but if i try locking all via the drivers doors none will lock unless i manually lock the passenger door 1st from inside the car!

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club