Do Not Sell My Personal Information

ELMConfig Invalid Key?

Will_L300

Hi All

Hoping your collective knowledge can help! I'm trying to activate Cruise Control on my 2005 2.0 Titanium. 

When I try to read from the PCM, i get the following error;

Incorrect response from adapter to request "27 02 00 88 33".

7F 27 35

35 - Invalid Key

Any ideas what is wrong? It has also pinged my EML on now this has happened, but I haven't been able to check what the code is as yet.

What Elm327 adapter are you using?

It is one I bought off eBay. Tunnelratelectronics.co.uk 

I've used this on my previous 2006 Focus for the same thing with no issue.

Just reading one of the topics about key fobs and cloning, could it be possible that neither of my keys are original and this is what’s causing the error? I have one regular remote locking key and one flip one. Both work - unlocking and starting the car. Scratching my head here as I never had this when activating it on my previous 2006 Focus with only one key!

Incorrect response from adapter to request "27 02 00 88 33".

7F 27 35

35 - Invalid Key

This message has nothing to do with the actual transponder keys.

It just indicates that the response of the car (in this case the PCM) to the request of the program is different than the program expects. This can have several reasons. In this case the "35 - Invalid Key" submessage indicates that the key (digital bytes) used for the security access request of the ELMconfig program is rejected by the PCM.

This can be caused by incompatibility issues between the PCM and the ELMconfig program. The ELMconfig program was originally developed in Russia on Russian vehicles. Russian vehicles are produced in different factories and despite many similarities there are also quite some differences. The ELMconfig program is supplied "as is" and unsupported by the original author for many Years. To find the actual cause of this problem further investigation and debugging is required. Chances are that the problem can not be solved because of the compatibility issues.

• Like 1

Better off using Forscan and an extended licence.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Forscan is a nice program but does not have the same functionality the ELMconfig program has. In this case the topicstarter wants to activate Cruise Control in the PCM. This setting is stored inside a configuration file that is stored inside the PCM. To change this setting the complete configuration file needs to be read,modified and written into the PCM. This procedure is very similar to updating the PCM software. Forscan does not have the ability to do this.

• Like 1

• 6 months later...

Hi!

Any updates to this thread, I have the same problem with "35 - Invalid Key". 

Best regards

2020-12-16 20_57_09-ELMConfig Invalid Key_ - Ford Focus Club - Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums.png

From memory, it turned out to be that I had selected the wrong PCM from the drop down menu

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I have the hardware. I have the download...

How do I open the programme??

I'm getting a similar error

20210213-120457.jpg

Somebody with elm config please help

46 minutes ago, m50e30 said:

I'm getting a similar error

20210213-120457.jpg

Somebody with elm config please help

Have you chosen the correct PCM from the dropdown list?

• Haha 1

56 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

Have you chosen the correct PCM from the dropdown list?

I followed the guide on this forum to the letter... Will try again later, as most information on this subject says it takes over 10 minutes to read the pcm. My computer took 30 seconds

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club