Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fault code P2002

Warnzy

Hi, I have a Ford Focus 2014 1.6 TDCi, recently purchased (February) from a independent garage, was driving all ok then got engine service now on the dash, only done around 1000 miles since then because of lockdown, Checked codes only code was P2002 DPF below threshold bank 1, tested pressure sensor, pressure pipe, and both temp sensors have 5 volts, pressure sensor reads 0.3mbar at idle before and after regen, carried out static regeneration soot load is only now 4% also cleaned ash out with Tupan procedure, light still comes on whenever I drive it, limp mode, soon as I key off and key on again code clears so only a soft code, I found out the car had been mapped but a crap one and was over fuelling, only thing left I can think is if the DPF it self is faulty, anyone else come across this before? Had the car mapped correctly now drives fine just the light still on every time I start doing a journey, could this of caused damage to the DPF with the poor map on it?

Any help would be great!

Thanks 

Ryan

Have you checked it's still got a DPF core?  Probably been gutted as it was remapped. 

If it has still got a core and the pipes are definitely good then the sensor is knackered, 0.3mbar is nothing lol, the core itself causes more restriction than that.

• Like 1

I suppose it's possible to kill the DPF if it's over-fuelling. You'll be creating way more harmful gasses than normal that the DPF has to deal with (and therefore get clogged up quite fast).

Already put new pressure sensor on, this my was thoughts exactly, tried to put a camera in the temp sensor hole today and the pressure pipe hole, wouldn’t fit so tomorrow I’m going to remove the dpf from the turbo and put a camera down that way 👌 thanks for the advice lads just more reassuring as I thought I was going mad, defiantly going to get the dealer to pay if the dog has been gutted as they have sold me a car without correct description.

Would should a good dpf reading be roughly at idle, and through the Rev range?

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club