Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Unlocked car- does alarm still go off?

spagball

I have a 2005 Focus and recently the alarm has been going off by itself. I have looked at solutions on the Forum and will try them but just wondering in the meantime if I leave my car unlocked will that prevent the alarm going off on its own? Thanks 

PS Is there a shut off switch for the Alarm?

Alarm fuse- is there an alarm fuse if I disconnect it will that stop the alarm from going off?

Would my remote need a new battery?

13 minutes ago, spagball said:

PS Is there a shut off switch for the Alarm?

Alarm fuse- is there an alarm fuse if I disconnect it will that stop the alarm from going off?

Would my remote need a new battery?

If there is a fault with the alarm backup battery or the module associated with it, then not necessarily. Our module was failing and it kept setting off the alarm, even with main battery disconnected. This was on an smax but similar principles. On that car the module was under wheel arch somewhere. 

• 5 weeks later...

Just an update I gave all the door locks, the tailgate lock and the bonnet latch a could clean with paraffin and then hot soapy water and seems to have solved the problem 

on my 2015 fiesta a fault code reader (like you would normally use for engine faults) shows which sensor activated the alarm.  I don't know if a 2005 would be technologically advanced enough for that, but maybe. It would certainly help if it does. 

• 1 month later...

Update- wasnt even my ***** car it was a neighbours! live and learn

• Haha 1