Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Focus Actives? What do you think?

Linds

And it probably handles better than my mondeo does 

Up until my current car I'd had two Mondeos as company cars, a Mk4 Titanium X Bus. Ed. and a Mk5 Titanium. When I retired I didn't want ( or need ) such a large car and so went for a Mk4 Focus Titanium 1.5 (with the multi-link rear suspension!). Now, I didn't think the Mondeo handled that bad especially the Mk5, but driving the Focus was a revelation...

8 hours ago, ianincheshire said:

Up until my current car I'd had two Mondeos as company cars, a Mk4 Titanium X Bus. Ed. and a Mk5 Titanium. When I retired I didn't want ( or need ) such a large car and so went for a Mk4 Focus Titanium 1.5 (with the multi-link rear suspension!). Now, I didn't think the Mondeo handled that bad especially the Mk5, but driving the Focus was a revelation...

Pre May 2019 then? 

I’ve not driven one but I don’t like the wheels and wheel arches. Raising it 1cm doesn’t really merit calling it a crossover ! The only thing you’ll get crossover is stuck in snow or mud. Sounds like you need some kind of 4x4. 

• Haha 2

10 hours ago, Eric Bloodaxe said:

Yes, it looks that way. In the most recent brochure I have seen (January 2020), most versions are shown with both twist beam and multi link but it suggests that multi link is standard on all Focus versions but with the 2.0 diesel engine only, plus the ST. The Active and Vignale don't seem to have the twist beam alternative mentioned though, so you assume they have multi link irrespective of engine - rather confusing. But Ford seem to make it up as they go along, so who knows for sure?😀

I’m sat here with a car that’s spec has changed between me picking it and it getting delivered! 

To be fair it still handles very well....

• Like 1

From the brochures I have seen the Active is raised 3 cm compared to the normal Focus, still not enough to give you any kid of off-road capability but just enough to give it a different look.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Alex.S said:

Pre May 2019 then? 

Yup, built Dec 2018, delivered Jan 19. Built way before they started messing(cost cutting) with the spec. Its even got keyless sensors on all 4 doors!

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, south_bound said:

From the brochures I have seen the Active is raised 3 cm compared to the normal Focus, still not enough to give you any kid of off-road capability but just enough to give it a different look.

Sounds about right. 1 cm wouldn’t be noticeable. If it had 4 wheel drive it would have a purpose! 

31 minutes ago, ianincheshire said:

Yup, built Dec 2018, delivered Jan 19. Built way before they started messing(cost cutting) with the spec. Its even got keyless sensors on all 4 doors!

That’s a really early mk4 then. Did you have any teething problems with it? Software or app etc

Nope! (that's probably the kiss of death now!). Only problem is lack of map update , its still on F7.

I don’t know what map I have but it thinks a bakery along the road from my house is still open. The one that closed a decade ago! 

• Haha 1

• 2 years later...

Hey everyone, looking at getting a used Ford Focus Active X Vignale but also considering the ST Line X Mhev. Does the 3cm make a huge difference or are they very much the same sort of car? 

I've test driven a 155Mhev ST Line X and loved it but not test driven an Active. I'd love to know what people's experiences are like with the Active Trim.

Yes, the height difference is noticeable in terms of comfort, handling and road view.  I made the mistake of buying an Active assuming it to be basically the same as the Titanium X hatch that I had previously.

Also worth noting the ST-Line is more than 3cm lower than the he Active as it's a sports model.  St-Line and Vignale are designed for different target markets, before adding the Active part as well.

• Like 1

ST-Line is 1cm lower than the Titanium models, afaik.

So 4cm lower than an Active.

Thanks guys. @TomsFocus what are your thoughts in general to an Active Focus? Does it ride ok and still feel sporty when put into sport mode?

36 minutes ago, bncon04 said:

Thanks guys. @TomsFocus what are your thoughts in general to an Active Focus? Does it ride ok and still feel sporty when put into sport mode?

Ride is horrendous for me.  Too jittery over rough ground.  Too wallowy on corners and under braking & acceleration.  I feel it's a massive shame they didn't add adaptive suspension with the height increase.

But you can't necessarily go by my opinion!  Other people obviously don't mind it.  I would absolutely recommend a test drive before making your decision though.

• Thanks 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club