Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Poorboy's Black Hole Glaze

TomsFocus

*Clears throat*

*Clears throat a little louder*

Anyone in this section? 🤔 :biggrin:

After saying I wouldn't wash the car, something has set in, possibly motivation, probably boredom!

Anyway, just wanted to check if there's any better filler glaze for a black car than Black Hole?  I know it's a few years old now!  I'm not going to buy a DA yet, and the front end paint is too chipped for that anyway,  just want something to artificially revive the paint and hide the swirls until I change car!

Looks like £12.73 at CP4L is cheapest...

Also, any suggestions for new air fresheners to try would be good! :biggrin:

Guess not then! :laugh:

Anyway, I've ordered some Black Hole now.

Did look at some reviews and saw that AutoGlanz make a similar glaze...I'm not sure they know what their name means though... :unsure:

Also ordered some Bilt Hamber Auto-Wheel & wheel brush to properly clean the wheels.

And then I looked at the 10 day forecast... 🤦‍♂️

Screenshot_20200601-194628.thumb.png.c1b81a03e4fd94c811675855e440755f.png

• 3 months later...
11 hours ago, F0CUE said:

Yes Chemical Guys - Blacklight Glaze. 

I hate cleaning my wheels so awkward. 

Thanks Ian, only 3 months late. :wink: 

I never did get round to trying it though.  What's the best way to apply a glaze?  Slap it all over like polish or uniform circular motions like wax?

I just found this section by mistake 😂 

If doing by hand apply up the way then across to ensure its fully covered. You can do it with a polisher as well then you leave it for about 15 mins then crack open the shine with a cloth. 

• Haha 1

35 minutes ago, F0CUE said:

I just found this section by mistake 😂 

If doing by hand apply up the way then across to ensure its fully covered. You can do it with a polisher as well then you leave it for about 15 mins then crack open the shine with a cloth. 

Yeah, I don't have a polisher so would have to be by hand.  My neighbour has a polisher and his car always looks mint, wish I had the balls to ask to borrow it! :laugh: 

6 minutes ago, F0CUE said:

If u have a drill you get pad attachments for it but you have to be very careful. 

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/402276167268

I have got a drill but it's battery powered and about 15 years  old.  Think I'd only get through one panel on a fully charged battery! :laugh: 

In fairness, I could afford a polisher and may get one after I've bought a better car.  Just want a quick fix for the swirly paint on the Golf for now really.  It's peppered with stone chips across the front end so I wouldn't risk damaging pads on there anyway.

For swirls you are best to strip down with a snowfoam, clay then compound and polish there is no quick fix. Throwing on some wax by hand will slightly mask it but won't be perfect. 

1 minute ago, F0CUE said:

For swirls you are best to strip down with a snowfoam, clay then compound and polish there is no quick fix. Throwing on some wax by hand will slightly mask it but won't be perfect. 

A glaze should be a short term quick fix, it's designed to fill minor surface imperfections like swirls.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club