Do Not Sell My Personal Information

When was Powershift fixed?

offthewall

Trying to discover any positive info about this is like knitting fog!

Anyone here can help?

I currently have a 2011 Fiesta Titanium automatic which has a fabulous gearbox. Just before they brought in the dreaded Powershift.

I am considering changing for a newer EcoSport model after the current crisis is over and really need to know which year the Powershift troubles were deemed to be sorted.
I have heard people on here say the 2017 auto gearbox is fine on a Fiesta but can I presume the EcoSport is the same?

Any information would be helpful. Needing to change the car soon and want to stick with Ford.

Thanks.

I have a March 30th 2017 registered Fiesta Ecoboost 100 with Powershift.   I think this would have been one of the last Fiestas sold with the Powershift box.   Mine is absolutely brilliant.

t

Thanks Bob but any idea when it was actually fixed?

Can't find anything that makes sense on the 'net.

Ford switched to regular automatic gear boxes at some point and stopped using dual clutch transmissions. (At least in Fiesta and Focus)

Mk8 Fiesta and newest Focus have conventional automatic gearboxes which aren't dual clutch kind. I think that mk7.5 (2013-2017) Fiesta did have only  dual clutch transmission available. Though it's possible that they switched into conventional ones even before mk8 Fiesta came out and still called it Powershift 🙂 Though I'm not sure about this.

As far as I know in the new Puma Ford will use dual clutch again and it's probably a different gearbox than the one they used a few years ago since they probably don't want to go through the legal battles again 😉

Ford never Fixed the Powershit. They just stopped using it in their cars. And I believe the version that wasn't good was the dry clutch kind. There are also wet clutch ones (not sure in which cars/models). I think Fiesta only had the dry clutch version. This much info I've managed to gather. Can't be 100% sure about everything though so take it with a grain of salt 🙂

12 hours ago, offthewall said:

Thanks Bob but any idea when it was actually fixed?

Can't find anything that makes sense on the 'net.

I think that, from 2016, they put a different clutch pack in the Powershift gearbox and that seemed to cure the problem.   Don't know the actual dat though.   Ford are very tight lipped about the box.

I own a 2016 cmax Titanium  auto , I have not had any problems as yet . Really love it should have had an auto sooner.

Thanks for your responses, all.

The lack of specific information is so off-putting I've actually been looking at other makes. Shame, as I really like the Fiesta. Just need a newer one but don't know what to trust.

In general any newer than '17 is out of my price range but am hoping that the end of lockdown might pull out some bargains as there must be loads of stock to clear.

If you can get an early 2017 model or a late 2016 model James I think you should be OK with the Powershift box.

Yes Bob.

That's what I been looking at.

It's that lack of specifics that makes me twitchy.

and they switched the rear seals too, the ones that were originally installed fail and leak and cause a dry clutch to become a really slippy, jerky, crazy wet clutch lol. (this happend with mine, 2015 TI).

Forgot to mention since my clutch pack was replace, Seal replaced, and TCM updated it's been awesome. This is by far my favorite car (aka I'm old and have driven a lot of cars lol).

Hi. Ecosport 1.0 Auto uses the 6F15 6 speed torque converter box

• 1 month later...

I'm picking up a focus st3 2018 mk3.5 on Tuesday that is the auto model. Etis says its powershift is there a way to tell if it's going to need this maintenance every 35k or 3years? The posts above say they started using normal auto gear boxes?

On 7/12/2020 at 1:23 AM, richardc1983 said:

I'm picking up a focus st3 2018 mk3.5 on Tuesday that is the auto model. Etis says its powershift is there a way to tell if it's going to need this maintenance every 35k or 3years? The posts above say they started using normal auto gear boxes?

MK3.5 Petrols (Dry clutch) changed to 6F15 (1.0) and 6F30 (1.5) torque converter 6-speed at 2016 MY.

Diesel Mk3.5s stayed with Powershift (6DCT450???) as they are wet clutch and didn't have as many problems.

Change the oil at recommended intervals and don't let the clutches slip or overheat and you'll have no troubles

Fiesta changed to 6F15 on the 1.0 100PS at MK8

Ecosport 1.0 (125PS) is 6F15

Current Focus is 8-Speed Torque converter (8F???)

Dry Clutch powershift died with the MK7.5 Fiesta

The new 7-Speed DCT in the Fiesta 2020, Puma and Focus ST  is a completely new design (or rumoured to be VAG supplied) and not related to Powershift