Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Sync update MY18.5 Focus

Andyr55

There must be many owners who are as frustrated as me at the total lack of consideration by Ford that the sync 3 maps F7 are 3/4 years out of date!

Ford customer care (,!) only advise to check the web page for updates and will not admit They have a technical issue. 

if you are effected please email Ford with your dissatisfaction at the service (lack) hopefully get something done.

• Like 1

I’ve taken this up with Ford’s UK executive office, and have a string of emails and a case number. I have a contact who is keeping in regular touch with me.

My 2018 Vignale is still running version 7.  It’s halfway through an 18 month PCP deal with Ford Credit. I’ve raised a complaint with them asking for compensation because my car is not as described, and Ford can not define “periodically” in terms of frequency of updates. I’ve suggested that this may form an unfair contract!  I’ve also asked that they quote me for getting out of my contract!!

• Like 1

Great, have Ford admitted they have a problem?

just had missed call from Ford so will update after I have spoken.

I’ve had the” There’s an update coming, but it’s held up by coronavirus” excuse!

Mmmm that old chestnut!

surely the IT dept is WFH......

9 hours ago, Andyr55 said:

Mmmm that old chestnut!

surely the IT dept is WFH......

I'm Lead Tester for a software company in Leeds (less than 30 people) and EVERYONE in the company has been working from home since lock down began.  I doubt the Covid-19 has seriously impacted their ability to develop, test and deploy updated software.  It's more likely to be an easy get of jail free card (for now at least).

• Like 1

Not the reply I was xpecting.

I am sorry about the issue that you are having.  Unfortunately  I have spoken to our technical
team and there you vehicle is up date there are no updates available and non forthcoming at the
moment. 

What’s with the pidgin  English? 

Last year one of the IT "experts" here said he believed that the Sync3 software was being developed by a company based in India so perhaps thats the reason .

Either way it’s not looking promising!

Result!  After dealing with  Ford Credit and a very long phone call today I have been offered a £550 refund to cover my dissatisfaction with the lack of updates!   I’m still awaiting any comeback from Ford Executive.

Ford Credit had been advised that F9 should be available some time in June!

• Like 1

The F9 maps are already available for the SYNC3 3.0 sw versions. Not sure if Ford servers are already providing the update but you can download them and install by yourself. 

The links can be found here on German Mustang forum, they just popped up yesterday i think. 

https://mustang6.de/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=14423

Of course it requires basic understanding how the updates with USB stick works 🙂 so you can do it yourself. 

image.thumb.png.ef10e0d18efd56d03cba68a0c45f2b38.png

3 hours ago, Bannko said:

The F9 maps are already available for the SYNC3 3.0 sw versions. Not sure if Ford servers are already providing the update but you can download them and install by yourself. 

The links can be found here on German Mustang forum, they just popped up yesterday i think. 

https://mustang6.de/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=14423

Of course it requires basic understanding how the updates with USB stick works 🙂 so you can do it yourself. 

image.thumb.png.ef10e0d18efd56d03cba68a0c45f2b38.png

Those maps are for Sync 3.0 versions. I believe they are not compatible with Sync 3.3 which is what MY18.5 vehicles are configured with

Sync 3.0 F9 maps aren't available yet on UK servers, at least not for mine.

Will they ever be I wonder? 

Ford don’t seem to care, got ya money, customer service out the window.

SteveP1041 I have exactly the same issue with my £43k 2019 spec (purchased late Oct 18) Galaxy Titanium X running sync 3.3 and F7 maps and have had numerous email conversations over the past 12 months with UKCRC1@ford.com all of which has been a utter waste of time which is very frustrating. 

I'm very interested that you managed to have a dialogue with Ford executive and wonder whether you might be able to share the contact details.

Do you know whether I am correct in thinking that this update issue is of a technical nature which conceivably might be due to a fundamental incompatibility between MY19 Sync 3 navigation software and subsequent Sync 3 software versions due to Fords change from Microsoft's  Windows Embedded Automotive operating system to QNX operating system from BlackBerry Limited.

If this is the issue then, because I am so frustrated and angry with Fords unacceptable responses,  I would pursue Ford on the basis that the issue is a vehicle fault which should immediately be rectified under the vehicles warranty.

Perhaps all disgruntled and frustrated MY18.5 / MY19 Ford owners ought to get together and pursue a class action!!!!

Thanks 

It would be nice if Ford would admit there was a problem and they were working to resolve. 

the standard response that your system is fully up to date and to check the web site yourself (basically stop bothering them) Is really not acceptable. 

All sync 3 units are running QNX

Windows embedded was only sync 1 and 2. 

Thanks

so what is the problem with MY18.5 cars?

Given that all sync 3 units are running QNX, does anybody actually know why MY19 vehicles have not been able to update to  F8 maps?

2 hours ago, PeteS said:

Given that all sync 3 units are running QNX, does anybody actually know why MY19 vehicles have not been able to update to  F8 maps?

Very good question.

I think a lot of us awaiting the elusive F8/F9 map update would like to know the answer to that.
I think it’s very bad that Ford customers are being treated like this.

11 hours ago, PeteS said:

SteveP1041 I have exactly the same issue with my £43k 2019 spec (purchased late Oct 18) Galaxy Titanium X running sync 3.3 and F7 maps and have had numerous email conversations over the past 12 months with UKCRC1@ford.com all of which has been a utter waste of time which is very frustrating. 

I'm very interested that you managed to have a dialogue with Ford executive and wonder whether you might be able to share the contact details.

Do you know whether I am correct in thinking that this update issue is of a technical nature which conceivably might be due to a fundamental incompatibility between MY19 Sync 3 navigation software and subsequent Sync 3 software versions due to Fords change from Microsoft's  Windows Embedded Automotive operating system to QNX operating system from BlackBerry Limited.

If this is the issue then, because I am so frustrated and angry with Fords unacceptable responses,  I would pursue Ford on the basis that the issue is a vehicle fault which should immediately be rectified under the vehicles warranty.

Perhaps all disgruntled and frustrated MY18.5 / MY19 Ford owners ought to get together and pursue a class action!!!!

Thanks 

The breakthrough for me was when I decided to involve Ford Credit, as I’m half way through my PCP deal. My approach was that I was paying for a car that was not complete. I also emphasised that the contract was unfair in that Ford were not committing to a regular update schedule, but insisted on me making regular payments as a customer.  Maybe my threatening to get Solicitors involved had an effect, but their attitude changed immediately, and I was told that a senior manager had agreed my refund. I’ve not received it yet. Once I do I can let you have the contact details.

Wasn't it that they changed how the HDD is formatted in the newer cars, which is why they aren't compatible with one another.

It's not an actual HDD, it's NAND flash storage (like a USB stick), but yeah the formatted partitions are different for pre MY 18.5.

The maps are a single partition, where on newer cars, it's regionally split. Makes loading the files much easier.

Fwiw, I'm still on F8 maps and my software is from Feb 2019. At least the pre 18.5 cars have had a sync update this year, even if maps are still behind.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, SteveP1041 said:

The breakthrough for me was when I decided to involve Ford Credit, as I’m half way through my PCP deal. My approach was that I was paying for a car that was not complete. I also emphasised that the contract was unfair in that Ford were not committing to a regular update schedule, but insisted on me making regular payments as a customer.  Maybe my threatening to get Solicitors involved had an effect, but their attitude changed immediately, and I was told that a senior manager had agreed my refund. I’ve not received it yet. Once I do I can let you have the contact details.

Very interesting thank you, much appreciated.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club