Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2021 Fiesta

DaveT70

I see the 2021MY Fiesta has been launched which now adds: Wireless Charging, Drive Mode Select, 1.0 Mild Hybrid 125 & 155PS and 7 speed DCT automatic.

I think I might treat myself to a 3dr ST-Line X DCT Auto with LED lights

• Like 2

Well spotted, good to see the Fiesta get the 155PS - should make it into a proper warm hatch as the 15PS difference between that and the 140 really is what I'd be looking for. 

it's a debate of its own I suppose but its a bit of a shame about the list pricing as it's really high. A 3dr ST-Line X with the 155PS is just over £22k and most of the paint in the "exclusive" paint at between £650 and £750 extra. I know people don't tend to pay full price but if those are the prices people have to pay for even a small (though admittedly well-equipped) hatchback, I genuinely think I'll just look at very low mileage pre-reg cars when it comes to swapping my Fiesta. 

For sake of comparison, at £22.5-£23.5k, you can have a pre-reg but 50-100 miles on clock Hyundai i30 N. Also very well equipped but much faster and bigger. I know running costs etc will be different but does put it into perspective at how much more expensive the Fiesta has got. When I ordered mine back in January 2018 - the final list price was £20,650 on a ST Line X 140PS with pretty much all options apart from the Pan Roof and I thought that was bordering on expensive - though I didn't pay anywhere near the list price in the end. 

• Like 2

Looks as if the new price list has just come out yesterday, so yes - well spotted Dave! Doesn't seem to be on the configurator yet, though.

Yes, the 155 ps looks interesting and I'd like to see how it performs in a Fiesta though getting a test drive could be tricky under current conditions. Can't imagine the dealers being that keen to let you have unaccompanied drives and do all the disinfecting afterwards unless you seem pretty serious about buying - we shall see.

It's good to see that fans of autos can now get an automatic without having to drop down to 95ps. Those who were happy with the torque converters might not be happy to see the DCT reappear though.

Interesting to see you can get the 155ps in Titanium, etc, which could be good news for those who just want a bit more go without the "sporty" add-ons of the ST-Line. Wonder what the take-up will be.

I've looked at the Hyundai a few times also. It was even more tempting when you could get a new standard one (with a mere 250ps) for around 25k. They seem to have dropped that now though so it's 275ps Performance version only from just under 30k new. Apparently the standard was only accounting for 5% of sales, so I can perhaps understand them dropping it. Shame though, as it was good value and I thought perhaps a better daily driver with 18's instead of 19's and a bit more forgiving suspension set up.

• Like 1

Great spot Dave. 0-60 of the 155 is pretty much the same as the 140, but has a higher top speed. I reckon you will see the difference in performance more at 60 +. Just hope this will not push used 140 prices down in a few years, because my car is on PCP haha.

2 hours ago, Matthew McGuinness said:

0-60 of the 155 is pretty much the same as the 140, 

It's a shame Ford only put the 0-62 time and top speed in the price list, both of which are pretty academic. With an extra 70Nm over the 140, I'd expect the 155 to show an advantage in the 30-50 or 50-70 times in the gears, which is more useful.

It would be nice to see a proper road test with a full set of performance figures, but the motoring press don't seem to be doing them in the present situation, which makes the tests you do see not that helpful.

• Like 2

Looking at the latest Focus pricelist from April, there's still no auto version of the ST.

Hi all

Where can I get this information on the 2021 Fiesta. I assume it is a web address.

Thanks in anticipation.

31 minutes ago, jsk said:

Hi all

Where can I get this information on the 2021 Fiesta. I assume it is a web address.

Thanks in anticipation.

You can download the 2 June price list from the Ford UK website:

https://www.ford.co.uk/cars/new-fiesta

6 hours ago, Eric Bloodaxe said:

It's good to see that fans of autos can now get an automatic without having to drop down to 95ps. Those who were happy with the torque converters might not be happy to see the DCT reappear though.

From further study of the list it does seem the 7 speed DCT is only available on the 125ps (non hybrid), though.

• Like 1

Will this be a face-lifted version (mk8.5) or is ford just changing/adding to fiesta range?

I've noticed there are features on higher spec trims come down a trim, (ie things on STL-X, now standard on ST-Line). The ST3, gets performance pack as standard when it was only standard on ST performance edition.  I have also noticed Coilovers are now an option when they were elusive to Performance edition.

Not a facelift and the car will look pretty much the exact same as before. Only things that are changing are equipment levels and engine/gearbox choices. 

I think this generation of Fiesta has had quite a few of the “equipment” level reshuffles ranging from a bit more kit as standard to stuff like Sync 3 versions differing, LED dipped beams being introduced etc. I imagine in a few years there’ll be quite a few potential 2nd hand buyers asking questions along the lines of “does the MK8 have...” and the answer will depend very much on what model year the car is from 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, DG97 said:

. I imagine in a few years there’ll be quite a few potential 2nd hand buyers asking questions along the lines of “does the MK8 have...” and the answer will depend very much on what model year the car is from 

Yes, I think you're very right on that. There seem to have been far more changes in the Mk 8 already, almost from introduction, than previous models. Perhaps a reflection of the rapidly changing times, with emission regulations being tightened on a frequent basis. Not so long ago legislators seemed to be talking about a ban on 100% petrol/diesel cars and I suppose mild hybrids seemed a way round this. Now anything petrol/diesel is going to be out so it's electric only (battery or hydrogen fuel cell) in the near future unless someone invents an amazing pollution free fuel for i/c engines.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club