Do Not Sell My Personal Information

P1202 cylinder 2 injector circuit open / shorted

BP2411
聽Share

Please tell me it's a cheap fix 馃槀

My 2009 1.4 tdci fiesta isn't playing nice lately, get this code on forscan, usually I clear it and it goes away for a while but at the moment forscan doesn't want to connect for some reason.聽

It's either a duff injector or damaged injector loom...neither are cheap fixes lol.聽 Though you could make sure the plug isn't loose for free...

As soon as I seen injector I knew it was wishful thinking it was a cheap fix. I'll take the air filter off when it dries up and have a look, is it worth unplugging all injector electrical connections and spraying them with electrical contact cleaner?

1 minute ago, BP2411 said:

As soon as I seen injector I knew it was wishful thinking it was a cheap fix. I'll take the air filter off when it dries up and have a look, is it worth unplugging all injector electrical connections and spraying them with electrical contact cleaner?

I wouldn't unplug all of them, you might end up with more faults than you started with! :laugh:

I assume it is always cylinder 2 injector that shows the fault?聽 If so, you could unplug that one and give it a spray with contact cleaner.

Yes, always cylinder 2, stupid question, which injector is number 2? Do they run from the battery 1,2,3,4 or reverse?聽

12 minutes ago, BP2411 said:

Yes, always cylinder 2, stupid question, which injector is number 2? Do they run from the battery 1,2,3,4 or reverse?聽

Not a stupid question as not all engines are numbered the same lol!聽 It is 1,2,3,4 from the battery end on these though.

• Thanks 1

Took it apart yesterday, sprayed electrical contact cleaner on it & left it, will put it back together today and see what happens.聽

Put it all back together and it worked for about 5 minutes, forscan still won't connect either but a cheap eBay bluetooth adapter connects.聽

Odd that FS won't connect, don't suppose you know anyone else with a Ford to try it on?

I don't, I get the power light on my WiFi adapter but no connection, wired connection to a laptop also won't connect, cheap eBay one connects and gives code聽P0643.聽

40 minutes ago, BP2411 said:

I don't, I get the power light on my WiFi adapter but no connection, wired connection to a laptop also won't connect, cheap ebay one connects and gives code聽P0643.聽

Is that both phone and laptop or both wireless and wired on laptop only?聽 If it's laptop only, try clearing your car from the Forscan memory and try again. 聽聽

Also worth making sure you've got the latest version of Forscan installed.

To聽 be absolutely certain, I'd disconnect in turn each injector then without switching engine on (turning ignition on) I'd see what error code each disconnected injector produces. Sometimes injectors are numbered by firing order, so just to make doubly certain you're on the right track...

)聽

Laptop & phone, just pulled the fuse, put a new one in (I know it wouldn't get power if the fuse was no good) and it worked, maybe pulling the fuse caused it to reset, anyway that brought up 6 codes 馃槀 which made me believe it was the multiplug in the engine bay, unplugged it, reseated it and it worked, put the air filter back on and the car started running bad again. I don't know if it's just my car but this Ford loom lock is ridiculous, it sits in perfectly but if you put slight pressure on it, it comes out of place and throws up codes. Is it possible to add an after market air filter to this engine as it's a PITA to remove the air filter & every time I put it back on it knocks the plug again.聽

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BP2411 said:

Laptop & phone, just pulled the fuse, put a new one in (I know it wouldn't get power if the fuse was no good) and it worked, maybe pulling the fuse caused it to reset, anyway that brought up 6 codes 馃槀 which made me believe it was the multiplug in the engine bay, unplugged it, reseated it and it worked, put the air filter back on and the car started running bad again. I don't know if it's just my car but this Ford loom lock is ridiculous, it sits in perfectly but if you put slight pressure on it, it comes out of place and throws up codes. Is it possible to add an after market air filter to this engine as it's a PITA to remove the air filter & every time I put it back on it knocks the plug again.聽

I can't think what type of connector is used there?

The loom doesn't sound very 'locked' if it falls apart that easily lol?聽 Surely it'll only take a pothole or speedbump to knock it on the road.聽 You could whack a cone filter on it if you wanted but I'd focus on making the plug more secure personally.

My plan is to chuck a cone filter on then secure the plug, it doesn't fall off, just has slight play in it which I assume is stopping all pins from connecting,cause the engine can be running fine but if I touch the plug it then sounds like a tractor.聽

The lock is on the other side of this loom, it connects to the injectors, glow plugs & something else MAF sensor or Cam sensor maybe?聽

ford-fiesta-mk6-fusion-1.4-tdci-diesel-injector-wiring-loom-9649900780-02-11-2400-p[ekm]1000x666[ekm].jpg

I had this problem on injector 4 I removed all plugs from injectors contact spray on all of them I鈥檓 sure it was loose any way small bump could of caused a bad circuit! Went into limp mode/very juddery. But after a good spray and making sure they was well connected again touch wood no problem for a month so far hope you sort it mate聽聽

1 hour ago, BP2411 said:

The lock is on the other side of this loom, it connects to the injectors, glow plugs & something else MAF sensor or Cam sensor maybe?聽

ford-fiesta-mk6-fusion-1.4-tdci-diesel-injector-wiring-loom-9649900780-02-11-2400-p[ekm]1000x666[ekm].jpg

Fuel rail sensor is the red one I think.聽 That round plug should have a locking collar on it, really shouldn't be coming apart at all.聽 Could you get some cable ties around it maybe?

It has a locking collar on but it doesn't actually lock, it feels like it's locked but can be moved, I did cable tie it but when I put the air filter back on it knocked the ties and it started showing eml again.聽

• 1 year later...

Hi I replaced all seals on mum 57 fiesta but not its throwing a p1202 code up telling me the injector isn't working in cylinder one help please???聽

Have you disconnected, cleaned & reconnected the electrical connector to it?聽

Yes I did that twice wiggled the wires on the back of the plug left it, put some

more wd40 onit see what it鈥檚 doing tomorrow part from that I don鈥檛 know what crack is聽

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club