Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Things You Find In A Used Car.

Milkman

What things have you found when cleaning out your newly acquired second hand car? Here's a list of some things that I have found over the years.

A half sucked sticky boiled sweet in the ashtray.

The previous owners spare front door key.

A little girls hair band.

Beach sand in the floor carpets.

An old car park pay and display ticket that's 5 years old.

A filling station receipt.

4 2p and 2 1p coins under the rear seats and a bubble gum wrapper.

A ball point pen in the front seat rear pocket that does not work.

A wooden clothes peg in the glove box that a passenger has used to stop the seatbelt being tight when wearing it.

• Like 1

I've bought too many old cars to remember all the items I've found but here's a short list:

Prescription distance glasses in the overhead glasses holder (worrying that the owner didn't notice for a few days!)

Credit cards from a previous owner with an even more unpronounceable surname than my own.

Many CD's...5 in just one car due to a poorly placed slot under the CD player.

Many pens, coins, parking tickets, receipts, loyalty stickers (Costa, McD etc).  Many kids toys and hairbands.  

Haynes manuals - left intentionally due to the reliability of those particular cars I assume!

Lots of weed baggies! :laugh:  Hidden under ashtrays and behind trim generally.

A locking wheel nut key...that didn't fit the nuts on the car! :unsure: 

And the worst part about buying used cars for me - human filth! :sad:  That sticky sludge on the indicator stalk is bad enough!  But the biggest issue is vom…  When people specify 'no pets, non smokers', they fail to note that the car has been ruined by children leaking all over it! 😮  I've had to sell on and even scrap a couple of cars due to that! :sad: 

On a lighter note, I did find a packet of sweets and a hand written note from a previous owner once...  Must've been their pride & joy and genuinely sad to see it go.  I'd had the car delivered without even viewing it so guess she was hoping it'd go to a nice home rather than getting scrapped or broken for parts.  I did fix it and use it briefly, before selling on prematurely due to unforeseen circumstances!  It was a 1999 car and is still taxed and MOT'd today. :smile: 

• Like 1

A whole pound coin under the drivers seat 

Yep officially rich now guys

• Like 2

My Dad bought a Mk1 Mondeo once...with a recorded cassette tape of R Kelly - Ignition in the centre armrest tape holder.  And some small, stiletto type dents in the headlining above the passenger seat...

We can only assume that car had seen some action in it's previous life! :unsure: :laugh: 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

found a dead mouse few years back under a passenger seat not my car

and 5 one pound coins out of date ☹️

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Milkman said:

What things have you found when cleaning out your newly acquired second hand car?

4 hours ago, Incontro said:

A whole pound coin under the drivers seat 

Yep officially rich now guys

I found a Pound too, unfortunately it was the old type and worth nothing........gutted.
Still, I got a few toys, and a card welcoming the previous owners second child to the world lol.
1982310431_2019-08-17STCleaning104233.thumb.jpg.ebbf59be2009855a8f83660170440066.jpg

The old Pound coins will be exchanged for the new ones if you take them into a Bank.

• Like 2

I put them though a vending machine 😊

• Like 2

Do they still work in the lock on supermarket trollies?

Found a bullet in the boot compartment of a Toyota Levin BZR 

Had it checked by a local shooting enthusiast whom told me it was from a hunting rifle 😅 nothing sinister in the end atall 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Milkman said:

Do they still work in the lock on supermarket trollies?

probably! never do have a coin on me when i actually do need a damn trolley though

A 20p wedged in the air vent of my current MK3 Focus, and an ABBA Gold CD in my old MK2, which was promptly appropriated by my Mum 😂

They should still work in trollies, a lot of people have pound sized 'tokens' for them that still work since the change.

Trollies are all unlocked since corona though...which is useful as I never remembered to take the pound!  I usually go to Sainsburys where theirs aren't locked.  Just grab a basket at Tesco so no need for a pound...plus I don't get constantly whacked in the balls with the dangling lock chain every time I accelerate the trolley! :laugh: 

• Like 1