Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Idle too high!

FV43576

Hello everyone, I have a Ford Fiesta 1.4 petrol 2006, with 117,056 miles on the clock, it was a lovely car with no issue since I was the first owner from dealer. Now unfortunate it is my first trouble, the idle it is high at 1,300rpm to 1,500rpm while on a cold starter but when it warm up it drop down to 900ish rpm it should be 1,000-1,100rpm when is cold idle, once I could not keep it above 40mph like the throttle is not open 100%

so I purchase a diagnostic tool called 'ForScan' and I was frustrated because I pay a lot of money for a kits that it did not find any error codes! no engine management light. What I did it was search online said to check the idle valve control it seems to be ok because I feel the vacuum air is suck, I look at it on the throttle body butterfly flap, on the side is a motor, I took the cap off and to see if it is function, the mechanism is smooth no rust and no object. I have apply a some grease on teeth wheel. Still high rev on cold starter. Check my MAF on the side of inlet manifold and spray a cleaner on MAF sensor wire, it still not work. What else is wrong with it? I have look the vacuum pipe but there is no hole or split. do you think the throttle pedal it could be the latest faulty?   

On forscan you can check to see if the car is reading the full range of your throttle peddle (0-100%) also check for vacuum leaks, these can be found by spraying something like ez start or end 40, or brake clean into the engine bay, if the revs go up when you do then you have a vacuum leak

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club