Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Dashcam Fitting

MrBee

Hey all, got a question re fitting dashcams.

I got a Nextbase 522 with a rear cam, hardwire kit and nice case for my birthday a few weeks back.

So now I'm thinking it is about time to fit it, and am wondering if it really is as straighfroward as some of the vids on YouTube, NextBase, Halfords etc? My buddy was saying it is a easy peasy, just like fitting a stereo! Yeah never done that either! And never had a stereo in my rear window neither!

Is there anything I need to be aware of for my car? A 2016 (66) Fiesta 1l Ecoboost Titanium X? Surely its not that easy is it? Or is it? I dont want to mess up the electrics or sommat or freak out the alarm etc?

Thoughts and guidance most welcome.

Thanks all.

Pretty easy, all the trim and seals come away really easily for cable routing. Only thing I found is that the fuses are micro versions so if you’re using a fused piggy back connector then make sure you have the right size.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

you should be fine with that hardwire kit, it is the same one i used to fit my next base dash cam, one thing to note on MK7.5 (i am not sure about other MKs) you can't piggy back of the cigarette lighter fuse due to it being a cube fuse, i piggy-backed of the dash fuse which is 7.5 amps (if memory surves me) because that fuse was switched with the ignition, also the piggy back harness does not mess with the original fuse (as in the fuse for the dash cam can blow without the fuse for the circuit you are tapping into being affected), but if the original fuse goes then both that original circuit and the dash cam will not have power.

10 hours ago, MrBee said:

Hi Daggerit, Ive got one of these https://www.nextbase.com/en-gb/accessories/series-2-hardwire-kit-special-offer/ do I need anything else? Or is it all in there?

I suppose I could just get a set of fuses anyway...could come in handy.

Sorry, I misread the year of your car, mine is a MK8 so might be slightly different for the fuse types.  Best bet is to get into the panel to check things will fit and then go from there.  I imagine that the bits for hiding the cables will be fairly easy to sort and YouTube helped me when I did it.  🙂

All the relevant fuses in the interior fuse box for Mk7 onwards are all the smaller fuse type (aside from the cigarette lighter socket fuse and a few other which are the cube fuses) and that kit will work fine in your car

Here's a note of all the fuse numbers and what their for https://fuse-box.info/ford/ford-fiesta-2014-2018-fuses-and-relay , you'll need to scroll about halfway down your year.

Depending on what you want to do with the camera, having it on permanently "Parking Mode" you will need to use a permanent live fuse, some models using the cigarette lighter socket only remains active for 30 -60 mins (can't remember which) if using that for parking mode.

If you want it to just come on for driving only then use a Ignition On fuse for example Fuse 1 in passenger compartment fuse box  below the glove box which should be ignition switch meaning the dashcam will only be active when you switch ignition on, camera turns off a few seconds after switching off ignition key.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks everyone, this is proper useful, I have looked at the stuff folks have posted, watched a video or five on YT too, I have not done it yet but will take a pop at it in the next 1-2 weeks hopefully 😁

Did mine this weekend straight forward bud just pick up the acc fuse ie ignition 12 volts.i used fuse 13....

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club