Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Please anyone lend a thought

Alphaom8ga

Hi do you think you guys could point me in the best place to spray my Wynn's egr cleaner to clean the egr? It's a 1.4tdci...thanks in advance 

https://imgur.com/a/Du9iTP

7 minutes ago, Alphaom8ga said:

Hi do you think you guys could point me in the best place to spray my Wynn's egr cleaner to clean the egr? It's a 1.4tdci...thanks in advance 

https://imgur.com/a/Du9iTP

What do the instructions say?  I think you're just meant to spray it into the intake but it can't be particularly effective like that.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

What do the instructions say?  I think you're just meant to spray it into the intake but it can't be particularly effective like that.

Yes it does say in the airbox but agree don't think that would be hugely effective...also worried about it going into the turbo?...did see an old thread on here where the guys seemed knowledgable and suggested a good place on a focus engine...fingers crossed someone a bit more in the know could advise

3 minutes ago, Alphaom8ga said:

Yes it does say in the airbox but agree don't think that would be hugely effective...also worried about it going into the turbo?...did see an old thread on here where the guys seemed knowledgable and suggested a good place on a focus engine...fingers crossed someone a bit more in the know could advise

The EGR is going to vomit in to your turbo by design anyway... unfortunately 

However the egr valve is on the rear right side of your engine;

I'll try get you a picture now; I think it's the same as the 1.6TDCi 

Be careful with that stuff its corrosive like oven cleaner has costic in it, serious eye damage 

Heres a video may help 

8 minutes ago, Lenny said:

Be careful with that stuff its corrosive like oven cleaner has costic in it, serious eye damage 

Ah ok, bit of a worrying thought haha...yes believe your right, egr is back right of the engine under the airbox cover? (pic added)....guessing I'd definitely be better of removing it and cleaning it manually but was just trying to avoid it at the minute and get the engine light to go off for the mot...the code is pointing at the egr. Just a bit worried about where this spray might end up or what damage it could end up doing.. thanks for the input 

https://imgur.com/gallery/SVwqd6A

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Lenny said:

Heres a video may help 

Thanks very much appreciated, though still not entirely sure where I'm best of squirting the cleaner

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lenny said:

It's not unless you've got the piping very wrong...  :tongue:

EGR sucks exhaust from a port on the block, and dumps it directly into the inlet manifold.  Goes nowhere near the turbo.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Alphaom8ga said:

Thanks very much appreciated, though still not entirely sure where I'm best of squirting the cleaner

If you don't want it going through the turbo, remove the rubber pipe clamp on the left hand side of the square box with TDCI written on it, then squirt it into that pipe with the engine running.  The engine may run a bit weird with that pipe off but it'll go back to normal when it's reconnected.

8 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

It's not unless you've got the piping very wrong...  :tongue:

EGR sucks exhaust from a port on the block, and dumps it directly into the inlet manifold.  Goes nowhere near the turbo.

Ow right sozzzz 

I've been mostly working nights Shift this week and drinking since 8am az I remember at the time of writing that post I was very very drunk 😂🤤🤣🤮🤣🤤😂

#FullTilt 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

If you don't want it going through the turbo, remove the rubber pipe clamp on the left hand side of the square box with TDCI written on it, then squirt it into that pipe with the engine running.  The engine may run a bit weird with that pipe off but it'll go back to normal when it's reconnected.

Super stuff thanks very much Tom..so just to confirm I'm spraying into the part marked on the photo attached? Kind regards , Josh

Intake spray

https://imgur.com/gallery/SW5YoWN

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Alphaom8ga said:

Super stuff thanks very much Tom..so just to confirm I'm spraying into the part marked on the photo attached? Kind regards , Josh

Intake spray

https://imgur.com/gallery/SW5YoWN

Yep, that's it.

1 hour ago, TomsFocus said:

Yep, that's it

Thank you dude, most appreciate the help...will give it a go if this rains decides to hold off

• Like 1