Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mk3 focus battery drain

Lee manser

Hi could any 1 help me recently  my battery went dead on my car it's a 62 plate 1.6 petrol  couldnt start the car at all so I bought a new battery fitted it was ok for a few days now I have the same problem keeps going flat some times it's ok for a day or 2 but then some times there nothing carnt even tur hazards on but wen I jump start it it's fine I checked  the battery volta6 12.6v then wen running 14.7v then with everything  on its 13.5 v no fault codes nothing I plugged it in aswell nothing coming up any 1 else had this issue 

Old video, but still useful for finding parasitic power draws: 

On 6/7/2020 at 5:51 PM, Lee manser said:

Hi could any 1 help me recently  my battery went dead on my car it's a 62 plate 1.6 petrol  couldnt start the car at all so I bought a new battery fitted it was ok for a few days now I have the same problem keeps going flat some times it's ok for a day or 2 but then some times there nothing carnt even tur hazards on but wen I jump start it it's fine I checked  the battery volta6 12.6v then wen running 14.7v then with everything  on its 13.5 v no fault codes nothing I plugged it in aswell nothing coming up any 1 else had this issue 

Hey. Have you found out what the problem is yet? I have a 62 plate 1.0 ecoboost petrol. Having the same problem. I've had this problem for about a year but it has got so much worse over the past month or two. Had the AA out a few times and they just say it's a flat battery but when they check the battery it's coming up okay. Today it wont start at all and is showing up 'normal mode' on the dash. I'll have to put jump leads on it to start it. It's currently booked in with ford for Thursday 18th of June to see if they can find out what's wrong.

• 1 month later...
On 6/13/2020 at 1:30 PM, Claire87 said:

Hey. Have you found out what the problem is yet? I have a 62 plate 1.0 ecoboost petrol. Having the same problem. I've had this problem for about a year but it has got so much worse over the past month or two. Had the AA out a few times and they just say it's a flat battery but when they check the battery it's coming up okay. Today it wont start at all and is showing up 'normal mode' on the dash. I'll have to put jump leads on it to start it. It's currently booked in with ford for Thursday 18th of June to see if they can find out what's wrong.

I had a parasitic  draw cigarett lighter was constantly on but it still dies at least once a week so somthing still there now my keys are playing up I changed the battery on my key  1 minute it unlocks the car a few hours later it doesn't very strange 

I've had something similar over several weeks since going back into work after lockdown. What makes my one odd is that is has only happened when my car has been sat at the office for the day and I am ready to leave. At home on the drive over weekends and not being used it is fine but at the office occasionally I have had nothing, had to manually open the door, nothing on screens inside, open the bonnet and connect a jump starter to the battery. As soon as the jump starter is connected I get either the hazards flash or a horn beep and it starts up like nothing was wrong. Leave it overnight on the drive at home and no problems starting in the morning.

I suspect I have a bad connection somewhere either on the battery or an earth point but open to any other suggestions.

I am on holiday for 2 weeks now so will see if it starts up normally when I get home.

• 1 year later...
30 minutes ago, ash29109 said:

@Lee manser @ColW did you manage to find the cause of the battery drain?

I suggest you start your own topic instead of jumping on the back of old topics. Parasitic drains can be a number of things, there's nothing to say it's the same issue causing yours.

I didn't get round to finding the issue but it wasn't a battery drain on mine. I ended up trading my car in as it was getting towards time for a timing belt and needed a bit of paint work tidying up. I got a good deal on a 2018 1.5 ecoboost with low mileage.

• Thanks 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club