Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Dpf light

Neil1210

Hi just wondering, I have a ford fiesta mk7.5 1.6 diesel. 

My old car a Toyota used to have a dpf light. Does the fiesta have the same or is it a check engine light. 

Just wondering as car has been stood due to this virus and wondered if there was a problem with a regen what would I see on the dash 

If it's just been parked for a while it won't create any soot.  If you've been doing the odd short drive it may need to regen now.

You're unlikely to see anything on the dash until it's too late, I don't think these have a DPF light though as the MK3 Focus doesn't.  Next time you go out, listen for the cooling fan running when you switch the engine off - that's the sign that's it's either just finished or was in the middle of a regen.

OK that's brilliant thank you. I have heard this a few times. Just seen a few posts saying if the light comes on to take it on the motorway for a good run. Was just wondering how I would know that it was a dpf problem if there was no light. Sounds a bit crazy not having a light or something on the dash to see the status of the dpf or when it's due to regen. If I knew it was due a regen in the next 50 miles I would make sure I gave it a good blast 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club