Sign in to follow this  
Holla46

Expected mileage for a 2010 1.6 titanium petrol?

Hi all, I’ve had my 2010 focus titanium for around 2 years now and love it. It’s not the fastest or the best car I’ve ever had ........ but for what I need right now commuting 250 miles a week it has everything I need and parts are cheap and readily available.

when I bought it it had 73,000 miles on it, it’s now just tucked over 93,000. Engine sounds perfect and it’s serviced regularly and wants for nothing, but it got me thinking ...........

how many miles should I expect it to last for and what should I expect to replace/repair engine wise in the process? 

thanks

If the timing belt hasn't been done, you'll need it doing. Aside from that it's difficult to say as cars travel different roads. 250 miles a week on main A roads and motorways is going to put a different stress on the car than 250 miles on country roads and lanes and again different in entirely urban environments.

I changed my Focus for an Octavia, but only because of the journey distances I was doing made it the wrong choice - if I had been doing less miles I probably would have kept it.