Do Not Sell My Personal Information

1.0 Ford Fiesta Zetec Ecoboost Timing belt

Louisecowus

Mileage 11700

Sudden loss of power going about 15mph around a corner. Camshaft position sensors both faulted. Suggested timing belt has gone. How likely is the extent of the damage done? 

Assuming the belt has failed in some way, worst case scenario I can think of is the pistons have hit the valves damaging the valves, possibly the cylinder head and pistons. 

Would you suggest a second hand engine replacement or fairly fixable? 

First I'd take the rocker cover off and actually confirm there's no longer a belt wrapped around the camshaft pulleys.

If so then you'll have to strip the head down to see any damage. Sometimes you get lucky and it's just a few bent valves you have to replace at the cost of a few quid each. It's obviously a labour intensive job (costly) if not doing it yourself, but certainly a whole ton cheaper than a new engine. It's impossible to say whether you've done damage to the pistons and require a new engine without someone taking the head off at least.

Can you inform us about your timing belt? It is gone with so few miles?  

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club