Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Heater matrix pipe leak

Dstat86

Hi guys. I’ve just bought a mk2 focus and it’s leaking coolant from the joint on the heater matrix pipe inside the car. Is there any reason why you can’t take heater hose straight to the pipe at the matrix and make a fresh join in the engine bay? 

I have had massive issues with these in the past. They're the push fitted ones aren't they with the special clip? Accessed near the clutch pedal? Just checking. I have in the past for a quick fix cut the ally pipes and fitted rubber hose and hose clamps. This is obviously not the right repair but sometimes needs must.

Sent from my SM-A505FN using Tapatalk

Yeh the push fit type clips. Seems a little bit of a backwards step to buy the same clips from Ford and have it potentially leak again. I was thinking to push the hose over the pipes as far as possible and get two jubilee clips on each pipe. These fixings are used for the coolant all the time in the engine bay so I was just wondering on other peoples thoughts before I try this solution.

This is the £4 part that's likely causing your headache. Mine failed last year. I'm a big fan of DIY car repairs if you know what you are doing, have no idea at all if yours will work, but it sounds very reasonable. If I had had the skill, I would definitely have given it a go, as the actual part is cheap, but the labour wasn't!

325573149_faultyheatermatrixsealLoRes.thumb.jpg.42f987868964e430a4e848f7ff7f7f56.jpg

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club