Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford Is MK2 Maintenance

Powertrain888

Hey everyone, 

I want to start a forum about the 2nd generation ford ka mk2 2008 to 2020 maintenance as I can't find much online.

I will also be posting on YouTube under the channel power train88.

Recently, changed the filters, what a hassle the ac air filter is, very difficult to locate and get, to the left of the clutch, only my skinny fingers and flexible wrists managed to get it out. Also had some wires in the way that I had to push up to get the case open. The engine filter requires 6 sockets to be removed but us much easier. 

Now my question is when changing the oil, the sum plug size is it 12mm hex key like the fiat 500. 

Thanks for any help and please write about your ka maintenance stories!

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

Recently changed the oil and oil filter as well as doing an engine flush! I bought the tools, the axle stands from Halfords at £14, the 12mm Allen key and 3/8 wrench at about £13 from eBay, the oil was £33 and the filter came as part of a package with cabin and engine filter at £27. It took 2 hours including taking the old oil to the recycle centre! 

• Thanks 1

Nicely done!

I am planning on changing my exhaust from the centre pipe to the silencer. It is heavily corroded and rattly. I have an angle grinder for cutting bits as I'm not sure if the bolts will come off.

I cannot find details of the exhaust bracket that fits on the gearbox, which is the one that is broken on my car and causes the rattle

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club