Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mk1 How do I get to the interior blower motor?

Florin M

Hello,

The blower motor sounds like it's hitting some debri when it's on power level 1 and 2, but it sounds fine on 3 and 4 and I would like to check if there is something there, but I don't know to get to it.

I have the Haynes workshop manual for the Ka, but it's telling me to remove the coolant tank, the grill that comes under the windscreen, the wiper motor and then to remove the bolts that hold the housing for the polen filter.

Are all those steps required?, or can I just unscrew the screws that hold the housing for the polen filter and ignore the rest.

Thanks for the help!

I have figured out why they were telling me to get the expansion tank off to get to the cabin filter housing. The car they used for the tutorial was the version with the endura engine which had the tank right in front of the filter (Based on the pictures from another section of the manual). But my car has a Duratec engine and the expansion tank is in the other side of the engine bay.

I just got a rachet set of from halfords and I will try to get to the filter housing as soon as it stops pouring outside. 

I have given this another try, and unfortunatly I think they were right about the parts that need to come off in order to get the blower motor. I tried to just unscrew the polen filter housing the move it to one side, but the next step according to the manual is to unscrew and disconnect the wires to the blower, but I have got no idea were are the screwes.

I have tried to look in the passanger footwell and guess what I need to disconnect but all I managed to do was to annoy myself and to get a couple of clips off that I had to blindly put back.

After all this, I gave up and decided that I can live with the anoying sound a little while longer.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club