Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Cmax powered boot struts & rear inner arch

-neil-

Hi all, just got my cmax. One boot strut has wear and is noisy, in assuming its expensive to replace, can I use any oil, silicone spray on it to help it's operation? I wanted to add a video but cant seem to see how.

Also the rear arch liner is hanging down a bit, how could I sort this out? It's still screwed in, just the edges on both sides hanging down at the edge? 

Thanks for any help.

Screenshot_20200611-101007_Photos.jpg

Screenshot_20200611-101423_Photos.jpg

If you bought it from a dealer get them to fix it, can't give you any ideas on the struts I'm on a manual tailgate, as to the arch liner are all the fastness in place just checked mine and they are loose too and mines a 18 plate so no suggestion there sorry.

• 3 weeks later...

Mine are not loose ,had the off side one out to cure a washer bottle fault. They are fastened with both clips and studs, If any are missing can get local store or eBay,

1 hour ago, Hostahousey said:

Mine are not loose ,had the off side one out to cure a washer bottle fault. They are fastened with both clips and studs, If any are missing can get local store or Ebay,

Loose isnt the correct term saggy is better.

If they are fastened correctly they should be firm.

5 hours ago, Hostahousey said:

If they are fastened correctly they should be firm.

Mine are it's been back under warranty 3 times and had 2 lots of liners still saggŷ there are no clips in the area of the sags

On 7/9/2020 at 3:01 PM, pragmatix said:

Mine are it's been back under warranty 3 times and had 2 lots of liners still saggŷ there are no clips in the area of the sags

So if that's acceptable to you then OK.

3 hours ago, Hostahousey said:

So if that's acceptable to you then OK.

No it's not, they are ok for a while then they sag, it will be back to the dealer again but they have had a few like this, so don't hold out much hope of a permanent fix. They seem to last about 20k then sag. I'm on 57k  Miles so expect a new set soon

On 7/3/2020 at 9:28 AM, Hostahousey said:

Mine are not loose ,had the off side one out to cure a washer bottle fault. They are fastened with both clips and studs, If any are missing can get local store or Ebay,

The rear arch liners are made of a 'carpet' type material which is why they sag.  The fronts are solid plastic so they won't sag.

As for the tailgate strut, silicone spray or a little oil would be fine.  Yes, they're expensive to replace, even used you'd be looking at ~£150!

2 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

The rear arch liners are made of a 'carpet' type material which is why they sag.  The fronts are solid plastic so they won't sag.

They are awful and don't like the wet 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, pragmatix said:

No it's not, they are ok for a while then they sag, it will be back to the dealer again but they have had a few like this, so don't hold out much hope of a permanent fix. They seem to last about 20k then sag. I'm on 57k  Miles so expect a new set soon

Well i'm just coming up to 20,000mls so possibly I might get the same problem , I'll keep my eye on them.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club