Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Rear Door Card Removal.

Knight Focus

Hi guys! I'm needing to remove the rear passenger door card as it has been removed before but not replaced properly, leaving me with a massive gap between the window and the top of the door card. I've undone everything except the manual window winder, cos I can't!

How do I remove the winder? I've tried a small screwdriver on the centre circle bit but there doesn't seem to be any give in it.

Thanks guys.

Mike

Hi guys! I'm needing to remove the rear passenger door card as it has been removed before but not replaced properly, leaving me with a massive gap between the window and the top of the door card. I've undone everything except the manual window winder, cos I can't!

How do I remove the winder? I've tried a small screwdriver on the centre circle bit but there doesn't seem to be any give in it.

Thanks guys.

Mike

take a rag or duster and work it behind the handle in a back and forward motion may take a few minutes but it will pop the clip off thats hpow i do it and it works every time

• Like 1

take a rag or duster and work it behind the handle in a back and forward motion may take a few minutes but it will pop the clip off thats hpow i do it and it works every time

Thanks Artie!! I'll try that tomorrow.

Mike

Only went and snapped the !Removed! handle off!!! Grrrrrrrrr!!! :angry: Ham fisted t**t I am! It's not just the handle either, it's the metal shaft that goes into the door, dunno how that happened. Just heard a crack and it came away. Took the door speaker off to have a look at the damage and the shaft is connected directly on to the cable spool for the window mechanism.

Don't know what to do now. :(

Mike

Only went and snapped the !Removed! handle off!!! Grrrrrrrrr!!! mad.gif Ham fisted t**t I am! It's not just the handle either, it's the metal shaft that goes into the door, dunno how that happened. Just heard a crack and it came away. Took the door speaker off to have a look at the damage and the shaft is connected directly on to the cable spool for the window mechanism.

Don't know what to do now. sad.gif

Mike

how the hell did you manage that with a duster never ever had that happen on any car looks like it will be a new spool and shaft from the scrapyard havent done that on a focus but ide be tempted to get the whole mechanism from scrapyard though knowing ford they are likely pop riveted on and will need drilling iout the shaft must have already been ready to break by the sounds of it

how the hell did you manage that with a duster never ever had that happen on any car looks like it will be a new spool and shaft from the scrapyard havent done that on a focus but ide be tempted to get the whole mechanism from scrapyard though knowing ford they are likely pop riveted on and will need drilling iout the shaft must have already been ready to break by the sounds of it

God knows!!! On the plus side though, stops my 3 year old son opening the window!! :rolleyes:

Mike

God knows!!! On the plus side though, stops my 3 year old son opening the window!! rolleyes.gif

Mike

might be tempted just to blank the hole off with summat then and leave it does the son have a habit of standing on the handle? possibility as to how it broke it does sit down quite low and with my 18 month in the car sits right next to her foot so ive been tempteed to blank it off somehow or try to fit electric rear windows

I think blanking it off will be fine. Can't remember last time we used the rear windows, I'm just thankful it didn't snap when the window was open!

Mike

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club