Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Front Coil Snapped & Tyre Blew!

Mike C

Went over speed bump in street to-day (slowy) heard a loud bang, on inspection of front tyre found it was almost inside out, Ironically was on way to Kwik Fit for a tyre as had punture yest?! recovery guy said it was coil spring snapped in 2 from what he could see....Showed me it definatly snapped alrite, and that caused my tyre to pop

Took it away for repair anybody any idea as to cost??

Mk3 Zetec

Cheers

Went over speed bump in street to-day (slowy) heard a loud bang, on inspection of front tyre found it was almost inside out, Ironically was on way to Kwik Fit for a tyre as had punture yest?! recovery guy said it was coil spring snapped in 2 from what he could see....Showed me it definatly snapped alrite, and that caused my tyre to pop

Took it away for repair anybody any idea as to cost??

Mk3 Zetec

Cheers

at an independant, i would say an hours labour plus the cost of the spring. so at a guess, £100-£120 plus the cost of your tyre

at an independant, i would say an hours labour plus the cost of the spring. so at a guess, £100-£120 plus the cost of your tyre

Cheers Stef123,

Car was only mot'd 3 weeks ago....is this something they could of picked up on?

Cheers Stef123,

Car was only mot'd 3 weeks ago....is this something they could of picked up on?

unlikey, coil springs have a mind of their own. they can snap at any time really, there is no telling when one might go. its not always as bad as yours, it could just snap one coil and it will rattle like mad but it can also be alot worse, imagine being on the motorway and that happening.

it is advisable to replace springs in axle pairs though, i know this will add to your repair bill but it keeps the suspension balanced and the other one always seems to follow the first one shortly after.

unlikey, coil springs have a mind of their own. they can snap at any time really, there is no telling when one might go. its not always as bad as yours, it could just snap one coil and it will rattle like mad but it can also be alot worse, imagine being on the motorway and that happening.

it is advisable to replace springs in axle pairs though, i know this will add to your repair bill but it keeps the suspension balanced and the other one always seems to follow the first one shortly after.

well my focus for the spring and fitting and tracking was 101 quid ijncluding the vat

my mate had same prob with his 51 mondeo front coil went 2 weeks after mot by (fords) he went back played hell amd they replaced all 4 corners no questions asked

my mate had same prob with his 51 mondeo front coil went 2 weeks after mot by (fords) he went back played hell amd they replaced all 4 corners no questions asked

The last time a spring broke on mine it was £45 + labour - around an hour or so done by an independant

genuine ford spring £45 plus vat +fitting

my front os spring snapped the day after mot

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club