Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

beware

lasthope

British Gas <chopper77@hotmail.co.uk>

Mon 15/06/2020 06:34
To: You

Your bill is still overdue and needs paying

Hello xxxxxxx@live.co.uk,

We sent you a gas bill for £21.71, and we still haven't received payment. If you've paid it in the last five days, please ignore this email. To see if your payment has cleared you can check your account.

Nextsteps

If we do not receive a payment or hear from you in the next two days and we have to contact you again, you will be charged £140 to cover our reasonable costs

If we have to visit your property to collect this debt you will be charged £540

If the debt remains unpaid we plan to obtain a court warrant to visit your home and either replace your gas meter with a pay as you go meter or disconnect your gas supply this could result in additional charges ofup to £402

If your gas supply is disconnected we will charge you £750 to reconnect your supply

Pay us online now

Do not reply to this automated email.

© Copyright British Gas IBM

ha ha iam not on British Gas and check out his email

• Like 1

Yes, had loads of similar emails during lockdown, all basically aimed at getting bank/credit card etc details.

Most common have been HMRC, TV Licence, and PayPal. Some look very authentic so, as ever, beware when opening emails and don't click on any links.

just thinking if some old folk get them

Lol I am an old folk so yes!😃

• Haha 2

anyone notice the number of robo calls has dropped significantly the past two-three months?

i'd rather have the annoying phishing emails/spam any day over those

• Like 1

I don't know where you guys are putting your details, I rarely get any spam emails at all!

Still have to check the spam folder though as it likes to flag emails from FOC as spam...as well as other important ones as well! :rolleyes: 

I don't get the calls as I only ever give out a fake number. :tongue:  The only time I do get a few calls is after renewing insurance 2 years in a row...Hastings 100% sold the number as no-one else has it!

44 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

I don't know where you guys are putting your details, I rarely get any spam emails at all!

Still have to check the spam folder though as it likes to flag emails from FOC as spam...as well as other important ones as well! :rolleyes: 

I don't get the calls as I only ever give out a fake number. :tongue:  The only time I do get a few calls is after renewing insurance 2 years in a row...Hastings 100% sold the number as no-one else has it!

Yes, it's a bit unusual for me as I generally minimise my online presence (except on here - have we got a mole?). I did have a spate a couple of years back though, when one of our friends had her computer hacked, and all her contacts were bombarded for a while.

We screen our calls via the answerphone so only answer "trusted" numbers and the scams don't leave a message. I only know we've had one when I go through the "missed calls" list. I generally look up the number through one of the reverse directories online such as "who called me?" and the "silent" calls invariably turn out to be scam numbers that have been reported many times.

But as Ozzy mentions, we do seem to have had less of those and more emails during the last 3 months.

• Like 2

But as Ozzy mentions, we do seem to have had less of those and more emails during the last 3 months.

They're probably furloughed with our Gov paying them 😃

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

uh oh... insurance is due for renewal in about a week and was thinking of giving hastings direct a go as they're the cheapest...

11 minutes ago, Incontro said:

uh oh... insurance is due for renewal in about a week and was thinking of giving hastings direct a go as they're the cheapest...

Just don't give them your real number! :wink: 

Tbh I was more annoyed by all the documents I had to supply for them, driving licence of both me and the named driver, V5 and MOT cert as well iirc.  Then the noticed the purchase date was a few days later than it should've been, and tried to charge me £20 admin fee for a 20p refund...  :rolleyes:

In fairness, they are the only company that have offered a cheaper renewal price than the previous year, which is why I'm still with them.  Though maybe all my complaints last year were noted... :lol:

Also worth noting I'd never claim on the insurance for my worthless scrappers...not worth the cost, I purely have it for legal reasons and windscreen cover.

• Like 1

British Gas
Mon 15/06/2020 06:34
To: You
... Your bill is still overdue and needs paying
Hello xxxxxxx@live.co.uk,
We sent you a gas bill for £21.71, and we still haven't received payment. If you've paid it in the last five days, please ignore this email. To see if your payment has cleared you can check your account.
Nextsteps
If we do not receive a payment or hear from you in the next two days and we have to contact you again, you will be charged £140 to cover our reasonable costs
If we have to visit your property to collect this debt you will be charged £540
If the debt remains unpaid we plan to obtain a court warrant to visit your home and either replace your gas meter with a pay as you go meter or disconnect your gas supply this could result in additional charges ofup to £402
If your gas supply is disconnected we will charge you £750 to reconnect your supply

Pay us online now
Do not reply to this automated email.
[emoji2398] Copyright British Gas IBM
ha ha iam not on British Gas and check out his email
What the ***** hell is this...British Gas...what a gasss

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Tapatalk

I had a so called British Gas representative ring me on my landline a while ago saying that my gas boiler was due for a service, I told him that the only gas we had in my location was when I farted and told him to go stick his head in his electric oven!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club