Do Not Sell My Personal Information

latest ford recall.

michaelburrows

noticed today on facebook that theres going to be a huge ford recall later this year certain cars between certain yrs and mine appears to be included to get something done to the doors which aparantly may just open on their own whilst driving along.  anyone got any further details

From what I've read this is currently just affecting the American ford market. Still to be confirmed whether UK fords are affected. Looks to be a massive recall with 2 million being recalled in America alone.

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

The UK usually has to wait for the BBCs 'WatchDog' to get involved before manufactures enact a recall!

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

The Americans will get new doors, we will get a cable tie to hold them shut.😎

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, pcaouolte said:

..we will get a cable tie to hold them shut.😎

A cable tie?? You sure?? Those things are pretty expensive... 😀

• Like 2

It can't be that big an issue in the UK...I've never heard of anyones doors randomly falling open on here or the FB groups lol?  

• Like 1

On 6/16/2020 at 10:15 AM, pcaouolte said:

The Americans will get new doors, we will get a cable tie to hold them shut.😎

Good job they decided not to let the Americans have the MK4 Focus then otherwise the Legal Bods would have had a field day with all the claims for NOT FIT FOR PURPOSE😀 

22 minutes ago, Midgeman said:

Good job they decided not to let the Americans have the MK4 Focus then otherwise the Legal Bods would have had a field day with all the claims for NOT FIT FOR PURPOSE😀

Mmmmm updates to sync 3 maps F7 springs to mind! 

The Americans had the rough idle recall for the MK3 ST pre face lift and quite a lot of owners I’ve spoken to have the really bad idle issue to the point of stalling.

Spoke to ford UK and apparently it doesn’t affect the European market... what’s all that about? It’s mad. Gave them to recall issue and everything and they just didn’t care even though the symptoms are exactly the same as the American version of the MK3 ST.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Register an account in FordETIS and check possible recalls from there, not Facebook.

• Like 2

A quick search will give you a list of the vehicles  involved and they are all from plants in the USA apart from two

The Mexican built Fiesta and the Spanish built Transits, a look on ford etis will show which plant you car was built in.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club