Do Not Sell My Personal Information

MK4 2021MY

DaveT70

Hi All,

Focus MK4 2021MY now launched and, as per Fiesta, now gets 1.0 Ecoboost Mild Hybrid (MHEV) in 125PS and 155 PS versions (and no automatic unfortunately)

Also, some upgrades to spec including:

LED reflector Headlamps on Zetec, Active, ST-Line and Titanium (basically Ford's own LED H7 bulb)

Fixed LED headlamps standard now on ST-Line X, Active X and Titanium X (ST-Line X still does NOT get LED taillights though)

Full, Adaptive LED Headlamps now standard on Active Vignale, Vignale and ST

Keyless entry now standard, all models

Powerfold Mirrors with puddle lamps now standard, all models

Wireless Charging Pad now standard, all models

Coloured Instrument Cluster now fitted to base models 

New 12" Digital cluster (From Puma) fitted as standard to ST-Line X, Titanium X, Active X and Vignale, Vignale and ST.

Front and rear park aid now standard, all models

St-Line, Active gains auto wipers and auto dimming mirrors and rear privacy glass

ST-Line X, Active X gains Heated Steering Wheel

New 7-Speed Dual Clutch (DSG) now available on the ST Petrol

Prices have increased too

• Like 5

ST has also gained the Ski hatch and HUD as standard.

I wish the digital display was optional, I much prefer analog dials with just digital in the middle.

• Like 1

As an Edit, yes, thanks ST gains Ski Hatch and Heads Up Display

Titanium X also gains Heated Steering Wheel

Also, if you order FULL adaptive LED Headlamps on an ST-Line X you now get LED rear lamps

Thanks

35 minutes ago, alexp999 said:

I wish the digital display was optional, I much prefer analogue dials with just digital in the middle.

Any particular reason or just personal preference?  I'm being drawn to a digital dash in the next car...was looking at Mk7 Golf's until I realised it's only the facelifts ('67 plate on) that get the digital dash which are out of budget lol.  :sad: 

Back on topic, is this a facelift of the Mk4?  Seems odd to be adding so much spec without any major visuals?  Most buyers won't even want keyless entry and powerfold mirrors!

1 minute ago, TomsFocus said:

Any particular reason or just personal preference?  I'm being drawn to a digital dash in the next car...was looking at Mk7 Golf's until I realised it's only the facelifts ('67 plate on) that get the digital dash which are out of budget lol.  :sad: 

Back on topic, is this a facelift of the Mk4?  Seems odd to be adding so much spec without any major visuals?  Most buyers won't even want keyless entry and powerfold mirrors!

No facelift, Ford have always made small tweaks to existing model specifications every 6-12 months.

And it's just personal preference, I like analog dials. Digital dials really don't do it for me.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, alexp999 said:

Digital dials really don't do it for me.

First digital dash I saw was in a car my late mother had, early 90s Platinum Astra GTE.  Best hot hatch at the time IMO , had battery issues tho , needed charged every night, sound familiar? Digital dash didn’t catch on...

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Alex.S said:

First digital dash I saw was in a car my late mother had, early 90s Platinum Astra GTE.  Best hot hatch at the time IMO , had battery issues tho , needed charged every night, sound familiar? Digital dash didn’t catch on...

Tech may have moved on a little since then... :biggrin:  The 'virtual cockpit' in the Mk7 Golf looks so pretty...and dare I say, better than Fords effort! 

7 Things I Learned After Living With A Mk7.5 Golf GTI For Two Months

(Not to take this totally off topic, but despite the digital dashes, they still didn't come with keyless start as standard!  Might as well have fitted a damn starter handle through the front grill! :laugh: )

• Haha 1

Oddly enough I'd prefer a digital dash as I can change it to km/h completely! 😎

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

Might as well have fitted a damn starter handle through the front grill! :laugh:

That would have been interesting with a transverse engine :laugh:

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, mjt said:

That would have been interesting with a transverse engine :laugh:

Comedic licence!  :tongue:  

When do these models become available for purchase?  I just got a 20 Plate St-Line X and the only thing I miss from my old Golf GTD is the digital dashboard.  Gah!

Still, as someone who has worked in IT for many a year I am well aware there's never a right time to buy things!

12 minutes ago, excession_ocp said:

When do these models become available for purchase?  I just got a 20 Plate St-Line X and the only thing I miss from my old Golf GTD is the digital dashboard.  Gah!

Still, as someone who has worked in IT for many a year I am well aware there's never a right time to buy things!

Anything built to order from now. The new price list came out yesterday.

14 hours ago, DaveT70 said:

(and no automatic unfortunately)

Yes, it looks as if, like the Fiesta, auto is now only on non-hybrid 125ps (other than the ST). Also seems that (as predicted by Wilco @JW1982 on another thread), 1.5 petrol has gone altogether. Personally I wouldn't have a 1.0 (hybrid or not) in anything bigger than a Fiesta so my next car options seem to be reducing.

Going off topic slightly, I wonder if the 1.5 ST Puma will still appear now?

7 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

The 'virtual cockpit' in the Mk7 Golf looks so pretty...and dare I say, better than Fords effort! 

Tried it in the Puma which is (presumably) the same as the one in the Focus and found it was ok but nowhere near as clear as the VW Group efforts. Like Alex I prefer the analogue/digital combo. 

• Like 1

Been caught up in this actually tried to Order a 1.5 auto Vignale with a few addons and the dealer couldn’t make the order this seems to be why!

Seem to have found me a very similar spec car just missing BLIS which is a shame as I like it on my fiesta but 1.5 auto is more important to me personally.   Although that said found this topic on retrofitting BLIS to a Mustang I wonder if it’s similar on a Focus https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/step-by-step-guide-to-enabling-blind-spot-information-system-blis-and-cross-traffic-alert-cta.107623/

I assume these are still on Sync 3.4 and not the new sync 4?

59 minutes ago, simps100 said:

tried to Order a 1.5 auto Vignale

You can’t order a 1.5 auto Just cause of add ons ? I thought Vignale had all the toys as standard? Or they’re advising hybrid or full electric? 

21 minutes ago, Alex.S said:

You can’t order a 1.5 auto Just cause of add ons ? I thought Vignale had all the toys as standard? Or they’re advising hybrid or full electric? 

Seems the 1.5 Petrol has gone completely in the new model year - I was placing my order just as all the changes seemed to be happening but they seem to have found me a already build car with pretty much everything i was after minus BLIS fingers crossed.

Just looking through the new price list and it does indeed seem the 1.5 petrol is now gone. In addition to that, the mild hybrid is only available on the manual, so if you want an auto petrol it's the 1.0 125 only. Not that it's a bad engine or anything, it just seems odd to drop a higher power variant.

Direct link to PDF of price list: https://www.ford.co.uk/content/dam/guxeu/uk/documents/price-list/cars/PL-All_New_Focus.pdf

Is the 1.0 now the only petrol engine choice on the Focus?

1 minute ago, dtulip8 said:

Is the 1.0 now the only petrol engine choice on the Focus?

Or the 2.3. 😁

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, alexp999 said:

Or the 2.3. 😁

That’d be my preference 😍

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, karlbbb said:

Just looking through the new price list and it does indeed seem the 1.5 petrol is now gone. In addition to that, the mild hybrid is only available on the manual, so if you want an auto petrol it's the 1.0 125 only. Not that it's a bad engine or anything, it just seems odd to drop a higher power variant.

Direct link to PDF of price list: https://www.ford.co.uk/content/dam/guxeu/uk/documents/price-list/cars/PL-All_New_Focus.pdf

My main worry was currently have a eco boost 125 PS fiesta - was worried a bigger car would feel sluggish compared to what I’m used to!

1 minute ago, simps100 said:

My main worry was currently have a eco boost 125 PS fiesta - was worried a bigger car would feel sluggish compared to what I’m used to!

Nah it's fine in the Focus. Got it in mine with the 6-speed slushbox auto and it pulls fine. Plus because it's a torque converter auto it multiplies the torque as you pull away so even low down it pulls well until the lockup clutch kicks in and then you get direct drive so it still feels good.

48 minutes ago, karlbbb said:

Nah it's fine in the Focus. Got it in mine with the 6-speed slushbox auto and it pulls fine. Plus because it's a torque converter auto it multiplies the torque as you pull away so even low down it pulls well until the lockup clutch kicks in and then you get direct drive so it still feels good.

Ah great thanks that’s reassuring to know if I do go down that route! 

Emissions laws ? 

maybe ford got the heads up (not display) that stricter laws are coming? 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club