Do Not Sell My Personal Information

MK4 2021MY

DaveT70

That’d be my preference [emoji7]
[emoji6]

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

12 hours ago, simps100 said:

My main worry was currently have a eco boost 125 PS fiesta - was worried a bigger car would feel sluggish compared to what I’m used to!

I had a manual 1.0EB 125ps Mk3 Focus...man that was slow, thought it was broken tbh!!  :laugh:  I am used to diesel torque admittedly, but even so it didn't feel like the correct engine for such a heavy car!  It's all relative, so lots of people will tell you it's absolutely fine, you'll just have to try one and see for yourself...it will definitely feel more sluggish than your Fiesta though.

So now there is only the 155bhp hybrid or the 280bhp petrol, nothing in between?  If they leave it like that I'll not be buying another Focus.

If they don't bring out a decent hev with around 200bhp they're fools imo.

On 6/16/2020 at 7:00 PM, simps100 said:

Been caught up in this actually tried to Order a 1.5 auto Vignale with a few addons and the dealer couldn’t make the order this seems to be why!

Seem to have found me a very similar spec car just missing BLIS which is a shame as I like it on my fiesta but 1.5 auto is more important to me personally.   Although that said found this topic on retrofitting BLIS to a Mustang I wonder if it’s similar on a Focus https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/step-by-step-guide-to-enabling-blind-spot-information-system-blis-and-cross-traffic-alert-cta.107623/

I assume these are still on Sync 3.4 and not the new sync 4?

I think getting a Factory order car with the 1.5 182 engine has been a problem for a while I ordered a high spec ST Line X in May 2019 with that engine and in the end I cancelled the order as Ford repeatedly kept putting the delivery date back which eventually became Dec 2019 or Jan 2020 and when I brought it up with the Dealership as to why this was the answer I was given was ITS THE ENGINE YOU HAVE CHOSEN.

In the end I purchased a Pre Built and In Stock Vignale 1.0 and to be honest it is quick enough and far less thirsty than the 1.5 182 from what I have read also has the added advantage of the Multi Link Rear end which I had on my MK1 & MK3 and in my opinion is a much better ride.

2 hours ago, Midgeman said:

I think getting a Factory order car with the 1.5 182 engine has been a problem for a while I ordered a high spec ST Line X in May 2019 with that engine and in the end I cancelled the order as Ford repeatedly kept putting the delivery date back which eventually became Dec 2019 or Jan 2020 and when I brought it up with the Dealership as to why this was the answer I was given was ITS THE ENGINE YOU HAVE CHOSEN.

In the end I purchased a Pre Built and In Stock Vignale 1.0 and to be honest it is quick enough and far less thirsty than the 1.5 182 from what I have read also has the added advantage of the Multi Link Rear end which I had on my MK1 & MK3 and in my opinion is a much better ride.

Glad your happy with yours! Actually got a call from the dealer today they’ve found a 1.5 auto Vignale pre built with driver / convenience pack, adaptive lighting and pano roof which is almost everything I was adding other than BLIS so am pretty happy - now reading up on how possible it is to install BLIS after!

I've got 2 years left on my contract so plenty of time to see what Ford bring out, and I like my stlx.  You have to think they wouldn't waste all the r&d on the 1.5 and simply ditch it.

I ordered my 182 July 2019. Got it ...12 weeks later. 

I think ford made some big decisions that summer. 

I’ve got over 2 years left on mine , I won’t completely disregard the 155 mild hybrid but i reckon It’ll be full electric I’ll be going for. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Alex.S said:

I ordered my 182 July 2019. Got it ...12 weeks later. 

I think ford made some big decisions that summer. 

I’ve got over 2 years left on mine , I won’t completely disregard the 155 mild hybrid but i reckon It’ll be full electric I’ll be going for. 

I believe Ford and VW have now finalised their joint venture deal, which,  amongst other things, will see Ford build a pure electric car based on the VW MEB platform, as used by the VW ID 3. 

• Like 1

Looking at that June PL the 182 engine still gets a mention way down in the tables at the end.  I'm a bit more hopeful as it does look like they have removed it so they can slot something else in at that level.  It'll be interesting to see what output the full hybrid gets.  The STLX/ActiveX now has all the features I'd want, LED lights and the digital dash for instance, so if they stick a decent hybrid in I'd be happy.  I hope they do.

To be fair, you have to give it to Ford as well, even the Zetec is now a really well-equipped car, especially for the price.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Guy Heaton said:

Looking at that June PL the 182 engine still gets a mention way down in the tables at the end.  

Yes, I spotted that as well. Wondering if it just got left in by mistake as has happened several times with Ford literature, or if something else is coming. It would be odd, as you mentioned earlier, if Ford spent all that cash developing the 1.5 and then dropped it so quickly (though stranger things have happened). We'll just have to watch this space - perhaps we may see that 200ps 1.5 mild hybrid you hanker after??😀

The hybrid will have multi link...until I order one 

• Haha 2

I believe the 1.5 three pot is also getting the MHEV treatment sometime next year so expect a 200+BHP version in the Fiesta ST and Puma ST (eventually) and probably in the Focus too.

Nah, they'll inexplicably detune it for the Focus I expect.

• Haha 1

Is there any chance a Focus St 2020.25my (built around May time I believe) have a 12" digital instrument cluster or not?

On 6/18/2020 at 5:06 PM, Midgeman said:

Have a look here: https://www.honestjohn.co.uk/realmpg/ford/focus-2018

That's why I went for a 1.5L Ecoboost Automatic and not the 1.0L

On 6/18/2020 at 5:06 PM, Midgeman said:

has the added advantage of the Multi Link Rear end which I had on my MK1 & MK3 and in my opinion is a much better ride.

I’m sure the multi link has it’s advantages, not as many as the 180ps engine but ......it’s a give a lot , take a little situation. 

• 4 months later...

Hi Any thoughts on why the performance pack has increased from £250 to £800 on the focus ST ?  - I see the the CCD has been moved into the pack but this was standard on the 2020MY spec

So I am assuming the 2021MY standard spec has improved somehow to account for the CCD moving into the performance pack and the extra £550. charge. My assumption being that the digital dash ,wireless charger and HUD  and the standard spec increases

On 6/26/2020 at 9:23 PM, shawty1984 said:

Is there any chance a Focus St 2020.25my (built around May time I believe) have a 12" digital instrument cluster or not?

no dont think so when I enquired recently digital dash is only available on 2021MY

On 6/18/2020 at 7:12 PM, simps100 said:

Glad your happy with yours! Actually got a call from the dealer today they’ve found a 1.5 auto Vignale pre built with driver / convenience pack, adaptive lighting and pano roof which is almost everything I was adding other than BLIS so am pretty happy - now reading up on how possible it is to install BLIS after!

This might save you a buck or two?

Works for me!

• Thanks 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club