Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Anyone tarted up a 67 plate 1.5lt zetec focus?

FOCUSLOVE

Practically been given a 67 plate 1.5ltr zetec focus, with 3,800 miles on the clock. It's pretty immaculate too. 

Anyone add any extra to theirs? (Pics)

I want to change the grill out too just to give it a more custom look and look a bit sportier really. Any pointers ideas, drop me some links for parts etc n some pics if you can

cheers

20200616_115447.jpg

The zetes s kit will make it look more sporty. 

52106386.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Budget and what you're looking for/do? You can drop the ST grill in to get the honeycomb look, and you can buy non-OEM grills that are matte/gloss to get rid of the chrome. You can get some sequential indicators for the wing mirrors, powder coat the wheels and/or the brake calipers. Add LED indicator/rear bulbs. Another option is to stick a ST spoiler on it as well. 

One feature I've done is added bonnet struts to make working in the engine bay easier/safer which took all of about 30min to install and a bit of cursing. I'll also be adding the sequential wing mirror indicators and also for the for the fog light surround which will double as extra DRLs. I was supposed to get the wheels repaired/powder coated in black  but the lockdown kicked in.

Also I'd get the oils checked and/or flushed if it's low mileage. That means you'll reset the service clock and ensure you know that you're not doing any damage, time consuming but does give piece of mind, you can get brake/radiator fluid checks done at Halfords (or do it yourself) and you may want to consider replacing clutch/diff fluids as well for complete peace of mind but that's up to you as most people would consider that excessive.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, F0CUE said:

The zetes s kit will make it look more sporty. 

52106386.jpg

I've been looking for that bumper skirt is that a whole new bumper or a separate piece? Looks nice that pal

2 minutes ago, FOCUSLOVE said:

I've been looking for that bumper skirt is that a whole new bumper or a separate piece? Looks nice that pal

I'm sure the parts just extend the bumper like on the MK2. 

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Ennvoqation said:

Budget and what you're looking for/do? You can drop the ST grill in to get the honeycomb look, and you can buy non-OEM grills that are matte/gloss to get rid of the chrome. You can get some sequential indicators for the wing mirrors, powder coat the wheels and/or the brake calipers. Add LED indicator/rear bulbs. Another option is to stick a ST spoiler on it as well. 

One feature I've done is added bonnet struts to make working in the engine bay easier/safer which took all of about 30min to install and a bit of cursing. I'll also be adding the sequential wing mirror indicators and also for the for the fog light surround which will double as extra DRLs. I was supposed to get the wheels repaired/powder coated in black  but the lockdown kicked in.

Also I'd get the oils checked and/or flushed if it's low mileage. That means you'll reset the service clock and ensure you know that you're not doing any damage, time consuming but does give piece of mind, you can get brake/radiator fluid checks done at Halfords (or do it yourself) and you may want to consider replacing clutch/diff fluids as well for complete peace of mind but that's up to you as most people would consider that excessive.

Hi mate thanks for the ideas, sounds good, I'm on a rolling budget so will do what I can paydays etc now I dont have a car to pay for anymore lol (aside from tax and ins)...

I was looking at the honey comb grille and side grilles around fogs 👍👍

Some kind of colour coded trim for the front bumper too although the existing one is neat enough, it's not sporty enough. So in a nutshell, mainly styling, trims etc. Lights will definitely look into aswell I like the sequential stuff.

And good idea re:oil change etc pal told me that aswell, good advice 

Thanks

Looked at the st spoiler, I presume itll be a spray job, as I cant find parts colour coded to this at the mo 

alloys was another on the list to go from the 16s, to 17s or 18s

List is endless I guess. Any sources for side skirts to fit mine?

36 minutes ago, FOCUSLOVE said:

That piece from ford is like £360 primed just checked now 🥴

48 minutes ago, FOCUSLOVE said:

That piece from ford is like £360 primed just checked now 🥴

Not if you get used. 

7 hours ago, F0CUE said:

Not if you get used. 

Cant find one at the minute, looking for focus stuff just brings up every mk so lots of trawling through lol

11 hours ago, FOCUSLOVE said:

Alloys was another on the list to go from the 16s, to 17s or 18s

List is endless I guess. Any sources for side skirts to fit mine?

Yours are already 17s, they're the optional 'appearance pack 1' alloys which came with the privacy glass as well.  The Zetec S pictured above has the 'app pack 2' 18s which look much better, but lose you some ride comfort and the tyres are silly expensive.

6 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

Yours are already 17s, they're the optional 'appearance pack 1' alloys which came with the privacy glass as well.  The Zetec S pictured above has the 'app pack 2' 18s which look much better, but lose you some ride comfort and the tyres are silly expensive.

Ahhhh right I thought they were 16s nice one

17 hours ago, FOCUSLOVE said:

cant find parts colour coded to this at the mo 

Theres a buy & sell group on FB dedicated to mk3 and 3.5 focus parts and there is a guy as of a couple of days ago breaking up a DIB with the ZS kit & spoiler available, and also has a custom RS style exhaust. Probably right up your street for this!

Also, LEDs are a complete yes, cheap and easy, especially indicators and especially the wing mirror sequentials! In my opinion I would tend to avoid CEUK, they've gotten a bit of a bad rap on a few of the groups I'm in for lower quality parts rebadged as good ones and having a naff warranty.

I personally got majority of my stuff off amazon and havent had an issue once I've done my reading up on what I want & am looking at. The other one for silly bulbs like pink and purple have all come from Wish of all places and have outlasted most of the eBay cheapies. Halfords is also a great option for LEDs, their range is mostly by Ring and have a cracking warranty, and not the cheapest but a tad cheaper with a forum supporter's card!

EDIT: Added a pic to show you which it is, kept out identifiers and names for the sakes of privacy / unsure if allowed....!

SmartSelect_20200617-155454_Facebook.jpg

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, WireyWhenWet said:

Theres a buy & sell group on FB dedicated to mk3 and 3.5 focus parts and there is a guy as of a couple of days ago breaking up a DIB with the ZS kit & spoiler available, and also has a custom RS style exhaust. Probably right up your street for this!

Also, LEDs are a complete yes, cheap and easy, especially indicators and especially the wing mirror sequentials! In my opinion I would tend to avoid CEUK, they've gotten a bit of a bad rap on a few of the groups I'm in for lower quality parts rebadged as good ones and having a naff warranty.

I personally got majority of my stuff off Amazon and havent had an issue once I've done my reading up on what I want & am looking at. The other one for silly bulbs like pink and purple have all come from Wish of all places and have outlasted most of the ebay cheapies. Halfords is also a great option for LEDs, their range is mostly by Ring and have a cracking warranty, and not the cheapest but a tad cheaper with a forum supporter's card!

EDIT: Added a pic to show you which it is, kept out identifiers and names for the sakes of privacy / unsure if allowed....!

SmartSelect_20200617-155454_Facebook.jpg

Thanks alot mate appreciate your points 👍👍

As said above the sequentials will be a definite, will check out amazon for sure, didnt even think to look

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, FOCUSLOVE said:

Thanks alot mate appreciate your points 👍👍

As said above the sequentials will be a definite, will check out Amazon for sure, didnt even think to look

For what it's worth, I got my sequential off Wish way back when before they got really popular, and they're exactly the same units as sold by some particularly recommended lighting upgrade sellers, same boxes too 😅

If you get stuck at all feel free to give me a shout and I'll try link you to what I have/show you mine for comparison, etc. 👍🏻

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, WireyWhenWet said:

For what it's worth, I got my sequential off Wish way back when before they got really popular, and they're exactly the same units as sold by some particularly recommended lighting upgrade sellers, same boxes too 😅

If you get stuck at all feel free to give me a shout and I'll try link you to what I have/show you mine for comparison, etc. 👍🏻

Thanks alot mate really appreciate it,

That's mad that eh haha are the the same as the AutoBeam ones?

I used to have a nice mk1 way back when, and that was already kitted out nicely so didnt have to do anything to it, 3 kids and a Kia Sportage later I get to have another toy to mess with haha

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club