Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Local Hazard Information

Nician

Anyone know if this is available on a 2020.25 Focus Vignale Sync 3.4? 
I can get the live traffic updates but the local hazard information is grayed out and I’m not able to select it. 
ive reset Sync and deleted and reinstalled both FordPass and FordPass Pro apps but no luck so far. 

anyone managed to get it working? 

Not heard of that, I can check my Focus if you tell me where to look.

It’s under the connectivity settings in the Fordpass app (Sync in the car, not the phone app) 

I don't seem to have that.  I have connectivity, location, vehicle data and love traffic 

I have it, but it's greyed out for me too.  Tapping the little "i" reveals that one is supposed to subscribe to the service via the FordPass app, but I can see no option to do so.  The manual is predictably useless on the topic - does Ford have a technical support helpline anywhere?  I'd like to get this working too - currently the satnav just drops in the odd "Warning" whenever it detects an issue, but gives no guidance on what that warning is, which is less than helpful.

On 6/16/2020 at 7:28 PM, Nician said:

Anyone know if this is available on a 2020.25 Focus Vignale Sync 3.4? 
I can get the live traffic updates but the local hazard information is grayed out and I’m not able to select it. 
ive reset Sync and deleted and reinstalled both FordPass and FordPass Pro apps but no luck so far. 

anyone managed to get it working? 

Nician - what's the FordPass Pro app?

Edit:  I've just found this on the Ford Connect website:

Is my vehicle compatible with Local Hazard Information?

Local Hazard Information will be available for all vehicles equipped with a compatible FordPass Connect modem and suitable driver display from February 2020. It will be available via over-the-air updates for users who have activated their vehicle through the FordPass or FordPass Pro app.

So I'm wondering if either they've delayed it from Feb 2020, or if its related to this nebulous requirement for a "suitable driver display".  Does anyone know what they mean by this?

does Ford have a technical support helpline anywhere?  I'd like to get this working too - currentl

Contact  UKCRC1@FORD.COM  don't expect miracles though.

Ah mine was built May 2019 so that's why I don't have it I guess.

• 2 weeks later...

Fordpass app was updated for me today and the licence for Local Hazard Information has appeared 👍🏻👍🏻

2 hours ago, Nician said:

Fordpass app was updated for me today and the licence for Local Hazard Information has appeared 👍🏻👍🏻

Are you on Apple or Android. My car was built n March - I have the Hazard thing (does nothing) in the car but App was last updated on 10th June- Android.

Apple, it’s disappeared again 😕

I have a 69 plate so don’t have it as an option.

Fordpass support

they helped me with the app when I first got the car. 

On 6/18/2020 at 8:09 PM, Comares2001 said:

does Ford have a technical support helpline anywhere?  I'd like to get this working too - currentl

Contact  UKCRC1@FORD.COM  don't expect miracles though.

just noticed that was a quote mate 

On 7/3/2020 at 9:15 AM, Nician said:

Apple, it’s disappeared again 😕

Hi Nician,

Do you mean the option is greyed out again?  Or has the license disappeared from your app?

So I updated the Fordpass app a couple of days back and I now have hazard info option on my Sync

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Guy Heaton said:

So I updated the Fordpass app a couple of days back and I now have hazard info option on my Sync

Apple? Have you got the oil life, tyre pressure etc info ?

how did you go about updating it?

Android.

Nothing new in the app itself, but in Sync 3 in the car I didnt have Hazard info, now I do.

How do i update my FordPass app?

i think I remember you saying your app doesn’t have oil life or tyre pressure? 

Two choices I think. 

Go into play store and update it or uninstall and re install which I find generally works better. 

6 hours ago, Guy Heaton said:

Guy, that’s interesting.

I think I am running the same Sync 3.3 Build 19052 as you, is that correct?

Am I correct in saying that after you updated your FordPass app the extra ‘Local Hazard Information’ Icon button appeared on your sync screen and you were able to select it?

Just a thought have you Wi Fi auto updates turned on and is it possible you have had an over the air (Wi Fi) sync 3 update to enable the extra ‘Local Hazard Information’ Icon button?

I still just have the following 4 options, ‘Connectivity Features’, ‘Location’, ‘’Vehicle Data & Remote CTRL’ and ‘Live Traffic’

• Like 1

I’ve got auto updates turned off for a reason that I cannot remember ! 
im also 3.3 19052

I do have auto update on but I doubt the car is on long enough to download, at the moment especially.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Guy Heaton said:

I do have auto update on but I doubt the car is on long enough to download, at the moment especially.

Thanks for that.

Out of interest have you checked to see if your sync version has changed from 3.3 Build 19052

50 minutes ago, Guy Heaton said:

How’d you get the update ? 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club