Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Car Seats

MrBee

Hi everyone, I am looking for a bit of info re my drivers seat.

I hava a 2016 Titanium X Fiesta, with heated front seats, and the drivers seat has a small area of worn cloth/fabric near the bolster, which was done by the previous owner.

I have spoken to a vehicle upholsterer and have arranged to take it to them for a quick look on Friday this week, but the chap mentioned a couple of things that he said may be worth knowing or finding out.

First he reckoned the material is probably no longer available which could make things a bit tricky and it may end up looking odd, which I suppose is fair enough, second he said the seat in some of these Fords is 'bonded' and this means he cannot (or will not) be able to repair the covering, and third it may be worth contacting Ford to find out if the seat is bonded or not, and if there is a seat covering available and if so he will simply replace the whole covering as this would be the best finish and keep the car looking nice.

He said if either the seat is bonded or Ford do not have the Fabric/Cover then maybe it was worth looking for another seat from a breakers, but to make sure the seat covering itself is of course not damaged, so either see it directly or get the seller to take plenty of pics.

I have no idea what to ask for, who to call or whether this is even worth it?

Thoughts and suggestions please.

Thanks everyone.

DriversSeat1.jpg

DriversSeat2.jpg

DriversSeat3.jpg

DriversSeat4.jpg

DriversSeat5.jpg

DriversSeat6.jpg

Hey Ring your nearest ford dealer ask for the availability of the cover which I’m sure is still available . It comes without the foam so it’s nice and fairly simple to replace 

Hey Gaz, thanks for the reply, I will give em a ring 2morra, see what they say about it, I was driving past my local Ford delarship today and noticed they were pretty busy so hopefully someone will answer.

Thanks again. 😀

Yeah so I called my local Ford dealer, and they have quoted an outrageous price for the seat covering, for the upright part of the seat, in the region of, £810 inc VAT...This is not even outrageous, it is disgraceful. 😒 Even the guy at Ford was shocked, he had to check it twice cos he was expecting something in the region of £150-£250.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Taking it to a local trimmers in the morning, he said they can probably do something,and though it may not be perfect they will probably be able to 'blend it in' as close as poss, and at least it will stop the seat cover wearing through, but needs to see it first to see what can be done, which is fair enough.

• Like 2

Hope they can sort something for you. I had a similar problem some years ago on a car with Recaro seats - the bolsters get scuffed with you squeezing in and out of the car in tight parking spots, particularly with a 3 door. I decided I couldn't see it when I was sat in it so just put up with it until I traded the car at about 7 years old. I was worried they'd spot the seat (which was well frayed by then) but they never even looked.

It seems odd that Ford chose to put the leather on the outside (least wearing) part of the bolsters, rather than on the inside. On my current ST-Line they have extended the leather to the inside of the bolsters so I'll see how that goes, if I keep it long enough!

Be careful with 'blending it in'... :rolleyes:  306s were notorious for bolster wear as the majority of them had half leathers with big bolsters.  I did buy one car that had been professionally repaired, and although the job was neat enough that's not just a camera fault, the alcantara on the seat and bolster were clearly a very different colour to the backrest! :laugh: 

IMG_20160516_121631368.thumb.jpg.2c973fbdb7445ce7ed06bc0425a4b29b.jpg

• 1 month later...

Yeah I have given it a miss for the time being, I will try to find a seat probably and just replace that, or if I win the lottery I will consider buying a cover...the trimmer did offer me a price to put leather in the inner bolster too, which was not a bad price really but still £450+ ...

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club